Where can I get ctrlX WORKS?
In the future when ctrlX WORKS is official released there will be a download at Bosch-Rexroth webpage. (link coming as soon as this release is available)
The actual prototype version will be available for selected customers via download from Collaboration Room. Link to Collaboration Room
To become a selected customer please contact any person at Bosch-Rexroth sales- or business development department. Two ways
- Link to worldwide contact search (At Product Groups please select only "Electric Drives and Controls")
- Email request form (open email form, fill in necessary data and send email...)
What are the components of ctrlX WORKS installation
Following parts can be installed during the installation.
- ctrlX WORKS
- ctrlX COREvirtual
- ctrlX PLC Engineering
- ctrlX I/O Engineering
- ctrlX DRIVE Engineering (optional with Indradrive Support)
- ctrlX SAFETY Engineering
What can I do with ctrlX WORKS
ctrlX WORKS is the basic device management tool. Here you can see all available ctrlX devices on the network.
How can I add Licenses to ctrlX WORKS?
After you have purchased ctrlX PC Licenses they will be delivery digitally to your Licensing Center Account. Licenses must be mapped to your PC in order to function.
- Open Settings>Licenses on ctrlX WORKS and register your PC
- The Licensing Center will open. To gain access start ADD USER Ticket.
- Ur PC's individual UUID wil be transfered and you can name and save your device
- Map licenses as usual to your device and download the capability response
- in ctrlX WORKS upload the capability response and start using our apps!
What can I do with ctrlX COREvirtual
ctrlX COREvirtual is an optional extension of ctrlX WORKS. It will add an emulation with which you can simulate a ctrlX CORE on the PC. So you can develop / test / configure stuff without a real ctrlX CORE hardware.
What can I do with ctrlX PLC Engineering
ctrlX PLC Engineering is the programming tool for the PLC option of your ctrlX CORE. It’s based on the CoDeSys IDE and gives you the possibility to create PLC applications according the IEC 61131-3 standard.
What can I do with ctrlX I/O Engineering
The ctrlX I/O Engineering tool is necessary to configure the Ethercat fieldbus devices which are connected to your ctrlX CORE.
What can I do with ctrlX DRIVE Engineering
With the ctrlX DRIVE Engineering you configure the BoschRexroth ctrlX Drives. With the optional Indradrive extension it’s possible to setup the previous drive generation too (kind of IndraWorks Drive replacement.)
Why is my virtual ctrlX CORE booting / reacting so slowly?
The emulation of the virtual control is using the hardware acceleration "Intel® Virtualization Technology." Possible reasons why the virtual control is so slowly can be
- You have installed the virtual ctrlX CORE inside a virtual machines (e.g. VirtualBox), where this hardware acceleration is not working.
- Your processor is not supporting the "Intel® Virtualization Technology.".
Please refer to following topic: ctrlX CORE virtual is running slowly
What is the reason why I can't connect to my ctrlX CORE / COREvirtual control?
If you use a VPN connection at the same time, the access to the virtual/real control is blocked. You have to deactivate the VPN first and maybe even reboot the PC.
Please refer to following topic: Setting up a ctrlX COREvirtual
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.