Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Layout Manager missing widgets after project import

Layout Manager missing widgets after project import

MST
Established Member

Hey all,

we used the export function of WebIQ (Version 2.11.3) to save a HMI project as a ZIP file.
The project is already running on a ctrlX CORE and works pretty well.

When we imported the ZIP file on another computer (same setup) to publish it on a second ctrlX CORE (WebIQ-App installed and licensed)
most of the project data (e.g. IO-Manger configuration, Process Data Manager variables, Stylesheets from the Code Manager) of the imported project were available in the WebIQ Designer. Also the OPC-UA connection was running instantly.

Yet all the pictures in the Layout Manager were missing and so were the Widgets (see picture attached).
Using the first computersetup for the project import everything works well on the second ctrlX CORE.

Did we miss something while installing/licensing WebIQ on the second computer?
Do we have to copy Layouts seperately? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance and regards 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

An error like this should never happen and I have actually never seen something like this before. This looks like there occurred errors in WebIQ Designer. Can you please provide the file %APPDATA%\webiq-designer\designer.log from the affected computer?

Also, was the other system very much different hardware-wise than the previous system? Did you use any custom widgets in that project?

Does it also occur on a third system?

Can you please provide the HMI project via PM?

MST
Established Member

see the logfile attached.

The hardware of the two systems should be exactly the same, as we use the same VM-Ware.
Only difference is, that the WebIQ designer was installed seperatly.

We created a composite widget in the project.

Sadly we cant test it on a third system at the moment.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for providing the HMI. You can see this error in the log:
[2022-10-19T13:07:48.069Z] [error] designer.host.state error retrieving workspace info: [object Object]

Maybe the VM was stopped/suspended while some processes were still accessing files on the system?
I suggest renaming %APPDATA%\webiq-designer and restarting WebIQ Designer and import the project again.

I could not find any error in the HMI and was able to load it successfully.

It's also always best practise to first update to the latest version of WebIQ as you're still using an old version.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist