Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

LOGOUT closes fullscreen

LOGOUT closes fullscreen

LunatiX
New Contributor

We are using a touch hardware (WR21 panel) with android 10. Within the WebIQ application we are able to set the browser into fullscreen mode (with a UI action). But when we using the LOGOUT function, the fullscreen mode of the browser is leaving. Can we stop this somehow?

3 REPLIES 3

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

WebIQ logout does nothing else than reloading the current URL thereby breaking the authenticated websocket connection and requiring a relogin.

If your Android browser closes when the URL is changed or reloaded this is not done by WebIQ.

Would be interesting to know what happens when you open this page in the Android browser the same way and click on the button:
https://www.smart-hmi.com/demo/close.html

That's just a very simple HTML page I just created:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>Close</title>
</head>
<body>

<h4>Click the button to reload the current page</h4>

<button onclick="location.reload();">Reload</button>

</body>
</html>

Thanks for your reply. I think the problem is coming from the fullscreen request. I'm using the following within WebIQ-application:

1. UI Action:
var elem = document.documentElement;

if (elem.requestFullscreen) {
            elem.requestFullscreen();
        } else if (elem.webkitRequestFullscreen) { /* Safari */
            elem.webkitRequestFullscreen();
        } else if (elem.msRequestFullscreen) { /* IE11 */
            elem.msRequestFullscreen();
        }

or

<button onclick="document.documentElement.requestFullscreen();">Fullscreen</button>

This functions are not the same like F11. With F11 the fullscreen mode isn't leaving when we do a refresh (F5) or LOGOUT. Do you have any hint to this fullscreen request?

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

You did not mention previously that you're using custom code. Thefeore this is not a WebIQ question, but a general web development question that has been answered before, e.g. here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44878667/javascript-fullscreen-closes-on-changing-page 

"Note: Navigating to another page, changing tabs, or switching to another application using any application switcher (or Alt-Tab) will likewise exit fullscreen mode."
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Fullscreen_API 

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist