cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IO Handler Browser Issue

IO Handler Browser Issue

bkautzman
Established Member

I am seeing some inconsistent behavior when trying to add variables to via the IO Handler Browser. Several of the nodes have child nodes that I would like to access but don't show up in the browser. In the screenshots below I show that the node "Objects/Datalayer/plc/app/Application/sym/GVL_EM00_HMI" has child nodes that show in the data layer but not in the WebIQ Designer IO Handler Browser. Sometimes using the "Reload Browser" button helps and other times it actually shows fewer nodes than previously.

WebIQ Server App Version 2.14.3

WebIQ Designer Version 2.14.0

bkautzman_1-1698423879707.png

bkautzman_0-1698423827626.png

14 REPLIES 14

Sgilk
Contributor

Hi Brian,

What version of the OPC UA Server application are you using on the CORE?

Do you have any issue browsing the tags with another client like UA Expert?

Are either of these parameters set differently than the defaults in the WebIQ Designer OPC UA Server configuration?

Sgilk_0-1698436650789.png

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

Can you please set the log settings of WebIQ Server to trace, reproduce the issue and provide the log?

Maybe the OPC-UA server might be overwhelmed by the number of queries to generate the tree view?

bkautzman
Established Member

Hello @webiq-sk,

I've attached the requested log.

It's possible that the OPC-UA server is being overwhelmed, however I've checked with a different OPC-UA client(UaExpert) and didn't have any issues generating the tree and seeing all of the nodes.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

@bkautzman You sent the designer.log, but I requested the connect.log - can you please provide the connect.log for analysis?

bkautzman
Established Member

@webiq-sk Apologies, I've attached the correct log. However, it doesn't appear to have changed at all after I recreated the issue. My 'Log File Severity' and 'Console Out Severity' are set to 'Trace'.

bkautzman
Established Member

Hello Sam,

I'm using version 1.20.3 of the OPC UA Server app.

I am able to see all of the tags without issue on UaExpert.

My "Max items per command' is set to 0 and my 'Service Call Timeout' is set to 10000. I believe both of those are default values.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

As you did not specify how and where the error occurs exactly:

If you have WebIQ Designer running without being connected to WebIQ on ctrlX please provide connect.log from your local system WebIQ Designer is running on.

If you are connected directly to your ctrlX with WebIQ Designer please open http://{ctrlX IP}:10123/, login, click on "Settings", verify that the log settings have been set to "trace", reproduce the error and download the log then from there.

Please always ZIP log files as this saves up to 99%.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

I can actually confirm that you provided the wrong log file as it states "Copyright Smart HMI GmbH 2013-2023 WebIQ Server v2.14.0 release/2.14.0/3ddb60cd (Win32 x86_64 Release)" - ctrlX is not a Windows system - you provided the local server log file instead.

Please provide the WebIQ Server log file from your ctrlX as outlined before.

bkautzman
Established Member

I've attached the(hopefully) correct log.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

As you see there are a lot of timeouts which means that WebIQ Server did not receive a reply from the OPC-UA Server:

[2023-11-01 19:16:24.553834] [ debug | ctrlX_Core] read() failed
[2023-11-01 19:16:24.553834] [ debug | ctrlX_Core] what(): BadTimeout

This can be a network issue, the OPC-UA server is not running or it is overloaded at that time so much that it doesn't report a corresponding OPC-UA message indicating overloading.

It would be interesting to know what happens if you connect to the OPC-UA server using UA Expert when the issue is occurring in the HMI.

bkautzman
Established Member

As I mentioned in my reply to Sgilk, I am able to connect via UA Expert with no issues and all of the nodes are displayed.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

From what you wrote I only deducted that you can connect with UA Expert in general, not whether you can also connect at the exact time the issue occurs. Can you please confirm that?

bkautzman
Established Member

I'm not sure I can test at the "exact" time, but yes I can connect via UaExpert within a few seconds of browsing via WebIQ Designer. I will see the issue in Designer but be able to view all of the nodes in UaExpert.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist