Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

ctrlX SDK BuildEnvironment setup missing launch.bat

ctrlX SDK BuildEnvironment setup missing launch.bat

OeztasOzan
New Poster

Hello Community,

I am new to the Bosch Automation SDK in general and will be working with the newly released ROS2 SDK. For that I need an Ubuntu 22 build environment. I am trying the QEMU Setup with the ctrlX Automation SDK 2.2.3, but as far as I can tell the launch.bat file is missing in this version as opposed to the 1.20.0. Because of this, obviously the file launch-amd64-proxy.bat fails. In the end I can't set up my QEMU VM.

Am I overlooking something to do during the setup? I would be very thankful for any help.

Best Regards

4 REPLIES 4

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @OeztasOzan,

yes you are right the launch.bat seems to be missing in the newest release. I will check why that is the case. 

Is it an option for you to use our software ctrlX WORKS to create your App Build Environment? In the background it will do just the same things as the script, it will also emulate a ubuntu22 server machine with qemu. And in addition it will also come with the possibility to run virtual controls to test your created apps. More information on the ctrlX WORKS App Build Environment

So I would really recommend you to try out our ctrlX WORKS. How to get access also to the newest version of ctrlX WORKS, see the ctrlX Store FAQ

Hint: During the installation of ctrlX Works you can unselect the Engineering Software (PLC, IO, Drive) if you don't need it. 

Hi @nickH,

thank you for your reply. Yes, I will also be using ctrlX Works to run tests on the virtual control. I had also set up an App Build Environment in ctrlX Works before, which emulated a ubuntu20 server. Now that I know it can also run ubuntu22, I will give it another try.

Best Regards

Hi @nickH,

were you able to find out why the file was missing? The ctrlX Works version that I have access to is 1.14.1 and it creates ubuntu20 servers. That in itself is not too big of a problem, because I can install core22 on it. However, the manual installation would be great to work with a real ctrlX Core using native Ubuntu.

Thank you very much in advance for your help again.

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @OeztasOzan 

If you want to use the newest version of the SDK (currently V2.2), I would recommend you to use the newest version of ctrlX Works (V2.2). How to get access, see my previous post. 

If you want to setup your own build environment on your own, you can look at this manual

Best regards, 

Nick  

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist