cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Error SDK V1.18. Not able to snap, because the package 'ctrlx-datalayer' was not found.

Error SDK V1.18. Not able to snap, because the package 'ctrlx-datalayer' was not found.

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

When I try to build my snap for the example 'samples-cpp/registernode', I get the error: 

Failed to fetch stage packages: Error downloading packages for part 'registernode': The package 'ctrlx-datalayer' was not found..

nickH_0-1670919696901.png

I created the App Build Environment with V1.16 and downloaded the newest SDK, which is V1.18.

4 REPLIES 4

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Reason:

• The snapcraft yaml files of all sample projects got simplified. But the ctrlx-datalayer debian package gets published in the SDK. Therefore, the storage folder (ctrlx-automation-sdk/deb) of the ctrlx-datalayer debian package in the SDK needs to be registered in the sources list (/etc/apt/sources.list.d/ctrlx-automation.list).

There are three ways to solve this:

1. The easiest way to solve this issue is to create a App Build Environment with ctrlX WORKS V1.18 and run the script “install-sdk.sh”. After this everything is setup correct and you are able to build the samples in the SDK.

2. If you still want to use your Build Environment (created with V1.16 or prior) or your own ubuntu machine: You can download the install-ctrlx-datalayer-deb.sh here and bring it to your build environment (drag&drop). Change the execute permissions, go to the folder where our datalayer debian package is stored in the sdk (ctrlx-automation-sdk/deb) and run the install script (~/install-ctrlx-datalayer-deb.sh).

nickH_0-1670920282762.png

3. Besides this you can also do the steps, the script (2.) does manually:
    1. Uninstall old ctrlx-datalayer packages
      sudo dpkg -r ctrlx-datalayer
    2. go to ctrlx-automation-sdk/deb
      cd ctrlx-automation-sdk/deb
    3. install the ctrlx-datalayer Debian package (V1.9.1)
      sudo dpkg -i ctrlx-datalayer-1.9.1.deb
    4. Install package containing required component dpkg-scanpackages
      sudo apt-get install dpkg-dev
    5. Install debian package locally so that 'apt-get install' will find it (for building sample project snaps)
      dpkg-scanpackages -m . > Packages
    6. Add package to sources list
      sudo sh -c "echo 'deb [trusted=yes] file:/home/boschrexroth/ctrlx-automation-sdk/deb ./' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ctrlx-automation.list" (path = /home/boschrexroth/ctrlx-automation-sdk/deb)
    7. Use the newest sources list

sudo apt update

8. Install newest ctrlx-datalayer package
      sudo apt-get install -y ctrlx-datalayer

Open
New Contributor

Hello Nick,

Is the ctrlX Works v1.18 available to download?

Warmest regards,

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Additional Information:

If you still like to use the SDK V1.16 (or V1.14), you can still do that. You can download them manually form github->releases. Or you can modify the install-sdk.sh script. I deleted the part, where it searches for the newest release on github, and just download the SDK V1.16 I want to use. 

#!/usr/bin/env bash
sudo snap install snapcraft --classic
source install-deb.sh

sudo apt-get install jq -y

rm ctrlx-automation-sdk-*.zip*
rm ctrlx-datalayer-*.deb*

wget https://github.com/boschrexroth/ctrlx-automation-sdk/releases/download/1.16.0/ctrlx-automation-sdk-1.16.0.zip

unzip -XK $(ls ctrlx-automation-sdk-*.zip) -d sdk-1-16
chmod a+x sdk-1-16/ctrlx-automation-sdk/bin/oss.flatbuffers*/ubuntu20-gcc-*/release/flatc 
chmod a+x sdk-1-16/ctrlx-automation-sdk/bin/framework/ubuntu20-gcc-*/rexroth-automation-frame
find sdk-1-16/ctrlx-automation-sdk/ -name '*.sh' -exec chmod +x {} \;

sudo dpkg -r ctrlx-datalayer
sudo dpkg -i sdk-1-16/ctrlx-automation-sdk/deb/ctrlx-datalayer-*.deb

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Open, 

You can download the ctrlX WORKS V1.18 Version in the Collaboration Room

Please keep also this in mind if you want to download versions with PT status. 

Best regards,

Nick

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist