Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Solution Access

Active Solution Access

rlilla
Established Member

Hello,

I´m doing some tests with SDK cersion 2.6.7 and CtrlX Works 2.6.3 AppBuildEnvironment. I would like to use Python and access files generated by Node-red or by the PLC app. I would expect to get access to the path '/var/snap/<myapp>/current/solutions/activeConfiguration/node-RED/<file_to_be_used>' but I can´t access, even creating the plug to solutions in my snapcraft.yaml file and changing the package_manifest file to create the directory of my app. Even if I snap the "appdata" sample from github, I can´t see the app solution directory. 

2 REPLIES 2

Sgilk
Contributor

Hello @rlilla ,

I just build the appdata Python sample and also saw that the app configuration directory is not visible upon installation. Once I saved the active configuration to an archive, the directory became visible. You can see the logs from this process below.

Sgilk_0-1727109700067.png

You should be able to access files using the path structure you specified above, so long as they are read accessible and the client is authorized. As an example, here I read a file from the PLC app data from Node-RED.

Sgilk_1-1727109846693.png

It seems the active-solution plug is not connecting with the sample app by default. A connect-plug hook that creates a directory in the activeConfiguration fixed this, but I do not have a good answer as to why. I thought these only execute when the plug is connected.

rexroot@VirtualControl-2-6-8:/var/snap/sdk-py-appdata/common/solutions/activeConfiguration/demo$ snap connections sdk-py-appdata
Interface                Plug                                Slot                           Notes
content[package-assets]  rexroth-deviceadmin:package-assets  sdk-py-appdata:package-assets  manual
content[package-run]     rexroth-deviceadmin:package-run     sdk-py-appdata:package-run     manual
content                  sdk-py-appdata:active-solution      -                              -
network-bind             sdk-py-appdata:network-bind         :network-bind                  -

Hello People,

Should be the "Autoconnect" hook missing. Please check here: https://developer.community.boschrexroth.com/t5/Store-and-How-to/SDK-Empower-your-app-with-Data-Pers...

Meanwhile i have opened the request to fix the issue 😁

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist