Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice on Optimizing a Hydraulic Control System

Need Advice on Optimizing a Hydraulic Control System

jarethdf
New Poster

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project that involves improving the efficiency and performance of a hydraulic control system, and I could really use some guidance from this awesome community.

The system is functioning pretty well, but there is definitely room for improvement—specifically, I’d like to reduce response times and energy consumption without compromising precision. I’ve been using Rexroth’s motion control components, but I am still exploring ways to fine-tune things further. Some areas I’ve been considering include adjusting the pressure settings, tweaking valve control strategies, and implementing more efficient software for real-time monitoring.

I have gone through these resources/articles https://academy.boschrexroth.com/en_de/developing-and-optimizing-hydraulic-control-systems-en.html Mendix interview questions, however, they are quite useful but I wanted to learn more about the community members.

Has anyone here worked on similar projects or encountered challenges when trying to optimize hydraulic systems? I am curious to hear how others have tackled issues like minimizing energy waste, improving responsiveness, and maintaining long-term reliability. Did any of you try advanced control algorithms or incorporate IoT sensors into the mix? I’d also love to know if there are specific Rexroth tools or resources that you’ve found particularly useful for this type of optimization.

Any suggestions, tips, or even just sharing your experiences would be incredibly helpful. I’m hoping to get a fresh perspective and maybe some strategies I haven’t thought of yet.

Thanks a lot in advance for any insights.

1 REPLY 1

Sgilk
Contributor

@jarethdf ,

Are you measuring your outputs (ie. long-term reliability, responsiveness, energy waste)? It will be difficult to optimize without feedback.

Generally, you could try and implement a multi-output multiple linear regression or a continous output neural network to predict and train paramater values. This would be very difficult without a very accurate model of your system.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist