Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IXON Cloud Connector cant get past registration page

IXON Cloud Connector cant get past registration page

Open
Occasional Contributor

Hello Community,

I am trying to test the IXON Cloud connector app following this guide.

I have setup the ctrlx for XF10 connected to a internet router and XF51 for PC engineering:

Open_1-1722216559221.png

After pasting my company ID i cant get past registration page:

Open_0-1722216885906.png

System Apps:

Open_1-1722216934804.png

I am using the 10 days Temporary license:

Open_2-1722216967471.png

Anyone had this issue?

Warmest regards,

13 REPLIES 13

tom-roozen

Hey Open,

This might be a workaround, when you are on the registration page could you press the register button without filling in your company ID?
When the page refreshes then put your company ID in the textfield and click on register. You might need to try a couple times, it's something strange with the HTML form -> webserver.

Kind regards,

Tom Roozen

Open
Occasional Contributor

I got into contact with @MauroRiboniMX ,

We have solved the issue.

I connect XF10 to Internet router and connect my engineering PC to the internet router.

Remove XF10 Static IP Address:

Open_1-1722242192294.png

I also turn off proxy in windows settings search for proxy settings:

Open_1-1722237809042.png

Open_2-1722237860550.png

Warmest regards,

Hello, 

We connected and we managed someway to make it work. The way we did is by removing the proxy and setting the PC outside the company network.

Is this related or was just Luck? 

Hey Mauro,

I have to imagine that it was just luck, I don't see a reason that it should be internet/routing related. The page communicates via a UNIX socket on the device itself.

If it would be something internet/routing related you could take a look at the logs and see if the IXON Cloud Connector can't connect to the internet. I assume there will mostly be "Received invalid POST request", which means that there is an issue with the form post, as I alluded to before. Otherwise what should be seen is: "Registering IXON Cloud Connector with: COMPANY_ID".

Kind regards,

Tom Roozen

Hello, 

Yes, i was checking and this was the issue. "Received invalid post request". 

Hello, 

I caonfirm that the behavior is completaly random and that sending some "Empy requests" is solving the issue

I am having this same problem.  I had it working on this controller, but had to reload the image from another problem.  When I re-installed the IXON app, it will no longer accept the ID to register.   Removing the app and re-installing did not help.  I'm using v2.4.0 apps. Please post a solution when one is found.  Thanks!

Hey ctrlXnovo,

Did you try https://developer.community.boschrexroth.com/t5/Other-ctrlX-World-Topics/IXON-Cloud-Connector-cant-g...

If so and it still does not work could you check the logs? You can filter by unit (ctrlx-ixon-ixagent).

Kind regards,

Tom Roozen

@ctrlXnovo 

Can you provide a feedback?

The suggestions above did not work.  Today I am back on site and able to connect to the CORE directly.  There are no error or warning messages in the main diagnostic log.  Is there some other diagnostic log that you are interested in?  The behavior I see is that when I enter in the Company ID code that I copy from my account on the IXON website, the code simply disappears and the interface returns to looking like this:

ctrlXnovo_0-1724092165499.png

I have verified that I have internet access on the CORE.  I'm not sure what else to check...

Hello @tom-roozen

Can you please give feedback and purpose a fix?

Hey,

Looks like I linked to the wrong post it should have been this: https://developer.community.boschrexroth.com/t5/Other-ctrlX-World-Topics/IXON-Cloud-Connector-cant-g...

There should definitely be logs for the IXON Cloud Connector, please filter for that:

Go to the diagnostics page on your ctrlX.

You will need to turn on "Show system messages" in the cogwheel on the right.

Then filter for the IXON Cloud Connector.

tomroozen_0-1724139130900.png

Once filtered you should see logs like:

tomroozen_1-1724139227229.png

I assume that the errors you will have will be "Received invalid post request".

This means something went wrong when processing the form. The current workaround is the one I linked above where you try to send an empty request, just click the Register button, and to then enter your company ID and click the Register button again. You might need to try a couple times, because something strange is going on with the form and the socket it receives the data on in the ctrlX.

Kind regards,

Tom Roozen

This morning I logged in to the ctrlX CORE, set the diagnostics to "Developer View" and tried the registration again...and this time it worked, first time I tried!  I have been trying for weeks.  I was able to add the device and activate it.  One difference is that I figured out how to delete old instances of devices in my online account and removed those.  I did that yesterday and the registration did not work immediately.  But maybe the system updated overnight and this is why it worked this morning?  I don't know, but I'm happy it is working now.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist