cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create motion profiles/control loops for linear motor using IndraDriveC (HCS02.1)?

Is it possible to create motion profiles/control loops for linear motor using IndraDriveC (HCS02.1)?

alvarotorres

Hey there. Working on a project to test an energy harvesting system. I want to automate the testing procedure of the system and for that I want to create various motion profiles/control loops/cycles with changing parameters (velocity, position, torque, etc), with diferent durations. I want to know if I can create those types of motions/loops using the IndraWorks Ds software. And if so how? Can I define motion profiles directly in IndraWorks Ds and automate those motion sequences using function blocks and control buttons? My goal is to automate the testing procedure as much as possible (aka click in as few buttons as possible (just in the beginning, then system shall be autonomous)).
Would appreciate if someone could help. Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

There are two possible ways:

1. Using the drive internal "position set mode". There you can add several movement sets in a table and let them run in a cycle
  2. If more flexibility and interaction possibility is needed, the MLD (kind of drive internal PLC) commanding via PLCopen function blocks can be used

We will come with some more detailed information in the next days.

Thanks a lot. I will investigate further and wait for the more detailed information you may provide me.

Hey there @CodeShepherd. Do you have more detailed information? Would be glad if you could help futher. Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply. 

You can use the online help included in IndraWorks DS or download the functional description of IndraDrive MPx-20 Functions.

See chapter "8.7.4 Sequential Block Processing" or also "10.3 Rexroth IndraMotion MLD (Drive-Integrated PLC)"

Thanks a lot for the reply. Can I reach my goal using the software IndraWorks Ds or do I need the software IndraWorks Engineering (with license)?

For case one Indraworks DS is fine, for case two Indraworks MLD will be needed.

Ok, thanks. So my endgoal is this:

I want to automate the testing procedure of an energy harvesting system and for that I want to create various motion profiles/control loops/cycles with changing parameters (velocity, position, torque, etc), with diferent durations. My goal is to automate the testing procedure as much as possible (aka click in as few buttons as possible (just in the beginning, then system shall be autonomous)).

How can I reach my goal more effectively: using case one or case two?
I assume case one to be: 

1. Using the drive internal "position set mode". There you can add several movement sets in a table and let them run in a cycle ("8.7.4 Sequential Block Processing")

and case two to be:

1. If more flexibility and interaction possibility is needed, the MLD (kind of drive internal PLC) commanding via PLCopen function blocks can be used ("10.3 Rexroth IndraMotion MLD (Drive-Integrated PLC)")

How then can I reach my goal more efficiently, effectively and easily? Should I opt for case one or case two?

As your premises are more on light wait programming and easy handling I would recommend case one.

If you need different motion profiles you could simply create them once in the IndraWorks DS and then export the needed parameter (for quicker loading not use all but create a fitting parameter group) so they can easily be loaded again to the drive.

Ok, thanks a lot. So I can use IndraWorks Ds. I am a beginner to all this. Do you have any resources where I can learn how to do what you suggested or could you give me some lights and help on how to do it using IndraWorks Ds? I would be extremely thankful.

Thanks you very much once again.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist