Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Indraworks project comparison

Indraworks project comparison

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

I am able to compare the logic of two PLC applications but would like to compare parameters and device data as well. Is that possible through the indraworks tool set? 

2 REPLIES 2

bSchu

There are a couple of different comparison tools. What type of parameters and device data are you wanting to compare? I'm assuming you're using IndraWorks Engineering.

• Project Compare
    • Right-click current project in Project Explorer > Compare
    • Select another project/archive for comparison
    • When the Comparison window is shown, click Direct Sub-Elements and drill-down into the MLC/Controller in the project
    • With the MLC selected in the Direct Sub-Elements tab, on the Control Data tab you can expand the Parameters (C) at the bottom of the comparison list
    • If you want to see drive parameter (A) comparison in the project, you can drill down further in the Direct Sub-Elements tab until the Axis is selected
  • Drive parameter file comparison (S&P)
    • This is a tool intended to compare drive parameter files, though it may compare parameter files for others as well
    • Go to Menu Bar > Tools > Drive > File Viewer > View and compare parameters...
    • It will allow you to select two parameter files (.par, .pbf) to compare parameter sets.
    • It will show same values in white, changed values in red, and missing parameters in blue

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

I will need to test this. The use case is that we have some projects that use the SVN repository to track our projects. If someone goes into the field and does not have access to the server it is easier to compare the new project to the existing, bring in the changes to the revision controlled copy and then push that to the server. The missing piece is parameter changes onsite that are tracked in the application. I think this should solve it, thanks!

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist