SOLVED

OPC-UA server cannot connect

OPC-UA server cannot connect

ChrisLarkin
Established Member

ctrlX DRIVE with embedded core
Sys image V1.16
App verion v1.16

I've install OPC-UA server, server is running status and user permissions are set and license is installed. But I still recieve no endpoint.

VPN is disabled/closed.
Wired connection 1:1 with DRIVE XF10.

Attached some information of setup (I've included the diag to show the current error is regarding only 24V available and nothing to do with OPC-UA)

help?

3 REPLIES 3

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

ctrlX COREs OPC UA server is using encryption and authentication.

• Did you choose the correct security protocol?
  • Did you insert the correct user name and password?
  • Did already trust the certificate of the client in your server settings?
    ctrlX CORE WebUi OPC UA certificatesctrlX CORE WebUi OPC UA certificates

• Did you choose the correct security protocol? No
  • Did you insert the correct user name and password? No
  • Did already trust the certificate of the client in your server settings? No

I have not had the option to do any of the above. The client is unable to resolve the endpoint, therefore I'm stuck at the step before the option to select the security protocol or enter user credentials.

My process so far:

• Install app (license already installed)
  • Included user "boschrexroth" in permissions for OPC-UA Server
  • Open latest version of UA Test Client
  • Enter opc.tcp://<IP>:4840 as discovery URL/IP
  • Click find -> "no endpoint found!"

ChrisLarkin
Established Member

It looks like there is an issue with my version of UA Client, it does not appear to create a certificate.

I've successfully connected to the OPC-UA server using Web IQ, a certificate was generated correctly and I was able to trust it and gain a full connection to the server.

Consider the issue resolved. 

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist