cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

RSS Feeds and email subscription - What I've to do ?

RSS Feeds and email subscription - What I've to do ?

AllAutomation
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi,

I see RSS blog, but don't know how to use it.

How is the general URL build rule to automatically transfer any posts (e.g. by RSS feed) from the DC Developer forum to a docupedia page?

How can I filter the list of posts with a) a certain tag or b) some free text content?

BR

6 REPLIES 6

ThorstenX
Community Manager
Community Manager

Original posted by CodeSheperd | Moved by Community Team

• The RSS feed is a functionality of your outlook or the page you'd like to insert the messages. The subscribed page does not send it but your software is checking for changes. Here is the official statement for docupedia:

RSS feeds

RSS feeds are a good solution to subscribe to activity in your Confluence site by using any RSS reader.

·         Feature is disabled because of security concerns!
    "HTML inside an RSS feed can contain active scripting components. This means that it would be possible for a malicious attacker to present a user of your site with script that their web browser would believe came from you. Such code could be used, for example, to steal a user's authentication cookie and give the attacker their Confluence login password."

·         Feature disabled, because it causes stability and performance issues in Bosch environment (tested on Conf 3.5.13).

• There will also be the functionality of subscription via mail available late on. Please us this as notification for personal purposes.

• Please use the search line on the landing page. It will also work for free text as well as tags.Search TagSearch Tag

Original posted by Scheuerer_F | Moved by Community Team

Hello!

I tried to add the RSS feed for ctrlX SAFETY forum to my Outlook.

• Copy link of RSS feed (Subscribe)2020-11-26_13h59_39.png
  • Right click on Outlook RSS-Feeds and Add new RSS Feed

It appears once under "RSS.Feeds" in "Favorites". As soon as I leave that view and put the focus on a different item in the Outlook navigation it dissappears.

⚠️ Private information removed by Community Team

What can I do?

Original posted by CodeSheperd | Moved by Community Team

Subscribe and RSS-Feed are two totally different systems.

The E-Mail subscription function is an internal function of the community. Simply click on subscribe at the discussion you would like to follow or a complete are in the forum and you will get an E-Mail if something happens depending on your settings.

RSS-Feed is a function of an external program like Outlook. Here the external tool looks for changes on the web link used. So just klick on the three dots beside a forum or a topic and copy the link to the RSS-Feed:

2020-11-26_14h48_07.png

P.S. internal forums do not have an RSS-Feed functionality because of privacy reasons.

Original posted by Scheurer_F | Moved by Community Team

I saw now that I am subsribed to the ctrlX SAFETY forum, but I do not get informed about postings. This is why I thought about RSS Feeds.

Actually an e-mail notification is my prefered solution, but I do not get these notifications. I checked the Junk folder but there is nothing.

How do e-mail notifications of the forums look like?

BR

Original posted by Scheurer_F | Moved by Community Team

I gave it another try and searched for "community", to see whether e-mail notifications have been placed somewhere else.

As a side effect I see that the RSS feed items are visible for the "search" function of Outlook in a Subfolder named "ctrlX SAFETY topics" that is not visible if  I navigate there into the "RSS Feeds" folder.

Original postey by CodeSheperd | Moved by Community Team

Please check your settings for the notification:

ThorstenX_0-1606469868005.png

2020-11-26_16h17_071.png

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist