Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

profinet connection not stable

profinet connection not stable

Drelax21
Established Member

Hello,

we use a core X3 as a profinet device.we first used the XF51 connector and then we tried the XF10.with both connections we have the problem that the Profinet connection is temporarily lost after a few minutes for some secends.

It would be nice if a solution was found quickly, thank you.

17 REPLIES 17

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I guess you are using a CODESYS based library so I moved this topic to the CODESYS - PLC Add-ons forum.

yeah sorry put it in the wrong section

georkueh
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi,

which version of ctrlX PLC and CoDeSys Profinet Add-on do you use? Is the CoDeSys PROFINEt Add-on used as a controller or a device?

Please send also the priorities of your PLC tasks and the content of the PLC Logger in case of failure.

kind regards

Drelax21
Established Member

Hello,

Core is used as a device.

PLC=

------------- DETAILED VERSION INFORMATION --------------
------------- Created on 20.12.2022 10:32:03 -------------

Startup profile: ctrlX PLC 1.16.1

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0

.NET version: 4.0.30319.42000

Profinet Add on=

Task Time = 

PLC_Task.PNG

Hello,

We are currently facing the same issues. It is very important that we solve this problem as soon as possible. 

I suspect the core cannot maintain the send clock. link

When changing the IO task from 1ms to 4ms the connection is more stable but eventually is still lost. 

Is there any way to verify if this is causing the issue?  

Hi,

please check if increasing the configured watchdog regarding the ctrlX CORE device at the controller side to e.g. 24ms. You should run the PROFINET IO Task with 1ms cycle time and priority 30, the Maintask with priority 31 and the PROFINET Communication task with e.g. priority 35. 

Please check this!

kind regards

Hello, 

please check if increasing the configured watchdog regarding the ctrlX CORE device at the controller side to e.g. 24ms.

just to be sure, With this you mean to change this on the Siemens PLC side right? 

thanks

Hello georkueh,

Thank you for this suggestion. This completely solved the issue I had. 

The problem is now gone. 

I would suggest that the original poster will try this as well. 

Hello, 

i am facing a simila issue with a customer then i connect to this topic. 

I have a similar configuration with a similar bahevior. Here there is the log of what is happening:

MauroRiboniMX_0-1674464094866.png

Actually whe have a 8ms communication with watchdog deactivated (should i cativate it and use it with 24ms). This error happens either with comunicaiton task time set equal or lower of 8ms. Is 8ms a too small time?

Another question: using a PLC advanced and assigning the profinet tasks to another core helps/ improves the profinet working benchmarks?

Thanks Mauro

Hello, 

Is there anyone who has some advice??

Mauro

Hello, 

I've spoken directly with Georg. The watchdog to be modified is in Siemens side. Test is ongonig. I will update the post with the results. 

Hello,

Unfortunately after running the system for a while, we still have the same issue from time to time. 

Is there anything else we can try or adjust? 

Hello Guys, 

We've made some tests 😎. We are actually running with 4ms clock and 32ms watchdog (SIEMENS SIDE). 

why 32ms? we have 8 as "ciclyc tolerance" and so 4x8=32ms. 

we continue the tests in order to see what is happening @RobotART_Walter  what is your actual setup?

Mauro

dhg
Established Member

Hello,

A client is facing the same issue. He has posted the following: https://developer.community.boschrexroth.com/t5/CODESYS-PLC-Add-ons/ctrlX-CORE-as-PROFINET-DEVICE/m-...

Is this issue known and solved? Could you give us some recomendation?

Thank you, 

RobotART_Walter
Established Member

Hello,

For me the problem was solved when I increased the watchdog on the siemens side. 

I was told the problem would be solved. But I don't know when or which version. 

I hope this helps you a bit.

dhg
Established Member

Hello, 

Yes, the problem was solved as you said: increasing the watchdog on the Siemens.

Thank you for the support 

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist