cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Codesys Softmotion - Error not able to reset unless with reboot or full download of the program

Codesys Softmotion - Error not able to reset unless with reboot or full download of the program

MassimoG

Hello,

I'm testing the SoftMotion 4.12.0.0, with SoftMotion Adaption 1.16.0, on the new CtrlX 18.1.0 plus the CtrlX drive firmware 3.14.

I'm not able to reset SoftMotion error shown if Fig.1. ( red triangles next to point 1 - yet I see spinning arrows when ok ) 

I can easily bring out that error by temporarily un plug ethercat cable to the drive or other severe actions.

Btw, I only managed to recover it by a build-clean and full download or cpu reboot. 

If I don't, motion doesn't work despite of drive, cpu and ethercat errors have been successfully cleared. ( Fig.2 )

I would like to come and talk to those of yours who have lived through that problem before.

Thank in advance for any advice you can give me.

Regards,

Massimo

6 REPLIES 6

FranzClt
Established Member

Hello

Please have a look into the Log File of the PLC.

Here are all errors displayed of the Softmotion system.

You can find the file at ctrlX Core / Log

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have several errors. I want to reset them.

logBeforeError.png shows log before error. ( every things works fine ) 

I cause the error on purpose. 

logAfterError.png shows my log after error. ( nothing works ) 

Problem : I couldn't find a way to reset it unless with reboot or clean-all and download.

Meanwhile, reset worked for ethercat, cpu and drive. 

Regards,

Massimo

FranzClt
Established Member

There are several ways Softmotion can correct an error.

Your error looks like a drive configuration error in Codesys.

I think it would be a good idea to send me your PLC project.

Regards

Franz,  I'm right with your idea. 

Below,  the SoftMotionSandbox.zip I attached includes both the CodesysPLC.project and EthercatIO.project.

It is not the solution being used by our customer.

It is a vanilla solution I put up to reproduce the problem on my desk.

It actually does. 

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards,

Massimo

FranzClt
Established Member

Hello

I have your project running now, now you have to explain me how to create the error.
Please inform me directly, I think it will be easier then.

franz.stamm@boschrexroth.de

MassimoG

The error cam be cleared by Re-Initializing SoftMotion Axes. 

It can be done by executing "SMC3_ReinitDrive" function block; one for each axis.

Be carefull to clear other later errors before assuming that it is not working. Which I did! 

Awards to Frank! 

Regards,

Massimo 

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist