cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add SoftMotion CoE axis for ECat nodes/mapping

Can't add SoftMotion CoE axis for ECat nodes/mapping

_Beppo

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to add a couple of SoftMotion CoE axis to a Lenze i700 double inverter, but I found two major issues I can't get around (as far as I know).

The first issue is about Ecat mapping/nodes:

At first, I coudn't add the softmotion axis under the Ecat datalayer node, then i found this thread and, correct me if I'm wrong, in order to add the SoftMotion axis u need to erase every child nodes. Tried and worked, just one big issue: the drive in the linked thread calls the I/O mapping in the parent node, the Lenze i700 calls it in the child node, so once i erase it in order to add the axis, I can't map any Ecat variables. (see some pics)

_Drive nodes.png

Add Axis with child nodesAdd Axis with child nodesAdd axis wthout child nodesAdd axis wthout child nodes

The second issue is about Softmotion axis "resources": even if I erase the child nodes I can only add just one SoftMotion axis while the drive handles two.

_Second Drive.png

SoftMotion v4.12.00, SoftMotion adaptation v1.20.03

ctrlX PLC & ctrlX IO v1.20.06

If someone can help/explain, Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

Brant
Established Member

Same problem happened on me. If the device in IO Engineering have two nodes(Parrent Node and SubNode, because of Device Description File?), then after you add the node in PLC Engineering, then you can't add axis for using softmotion. I think this problem only happened on softmotion CoE.

https://developer.community.boschrexroth.com/t5/CODESYS-PLC-Add-ons/How-to-add-a-Panasonic-Axis-to-S...

By the way, when I using Panasonic Drive, I can delete the sub node in IO Engineering and then download, then only the parrent node could been added to the PLC Engineering side, then you can add the softmotion CoE axis successfully.

Rexroth AM Drives also have this problem when using softmotion CoE. However, you can't delete the subnode for AM Drives in IO Engineering side,don't know why.

Softmotion: do not matter which version it is, at least from 12 to 15 all have this issue.

Softmotion Adaption: V 1.20.3 and V 1.20.4 all have this problem

ctrlX Works: from 1.20 to 2.04 all have this problem, I think the previous version will also have this issue.

georkueh
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi,

Up to now there has not been any support for running CoE axes with CODESYS Softmotion and the ctrlX EtherCAT master. But we released a new bundle of packages (ctrlX PLC CDS_SM Adaption 1.20.4.0.package and CODESYS SoftMotion 4.15.0.0.package) last Friday that will be published within the next days.

MichaelB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello,

the update is now available. Link see at "CODESYS - SoftMotion".

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist