Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Read data from CPU - error: "Index was outside the bounds of the array"

Read data from CPU - error: "Index was outside the bounds of the array"

E_Stapel
Long-established Member

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to read data from the S7-1500 CPU.

The connection to the PLC ist successfull as you can see in the first picture.

When I creat a Tag to read some data the error message: "Index was outside the bounds of the array."

I also tried other Count values, but with no success.

Another problem by creating a tag is, that there is no selection for the tag "S7 Write Variable" as you can see in the last picture.  

5 REPLIES 5

DvB_Support
Long-established Member

Hello,

Thanks for your enquiry. Hope this email finds you well 😊

Regards to data read

As you're trying to read a DWORD (DBD) value, Request to give it a try by choosing "DINT" as datatype and let us know the feedback.

Regards to write-back

Kindly enable the writeback under settings as shown in the attchment. This should enable the write tag option in the dropdown to configure write tags

Thanks

Product Support

E_Stapel
Long-established Member

Hello @DvB_Support,

thank you for your help.

Regards to write-back: Thank you, now the write-back option is available. 

Regards to data read: Yes I´m tying to read a DBD. Unfotunately with the datatype "DInt" is still an error message (see attachment). 

DvB_Support
Long-established Member

Hello,

we have a Siemens 1200 CPU setup in our lab and could read the DINT values w/o any concerns. PFA

However, May i have the DeviceBridge snap version details.

Thanks

Product Support

E_Stapel
Long-established Member

Hello @DvB_Support 

I think your answer with the datatype DInt was correct. Right now I get the error message because I have no connection to the CPU. But this is an intern problem. As soon as possible I´ll give you a feedback on whether it works.

DvB_Support
Long-established Member

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know @E_Stapel 

Thanks

Product Support

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist