Is the VHDX format available for the virtual core and can it be used with it?
Solved! Go to Solution.
qemu supports to add vhdx files as additional storage (like an emulated usb-stick). Today this is not a part of the user interface support in ctrlX WORKS but can be created manually.
Here follows a brief description:
Create a virtual disk as usb-stick for ctlX COREvirtual
- Press Windows + X and select Disk Management.
- Click Action> Create VHD.
- Then go to "Browse".
- Specify the storage location and file name. (Example 'd:\usb-stick.vhd') (500 MB, format vhd, fixed size)
- The disk appears as a not initialized disk in the disk list, right click and choose initialze (GPT)
- Then select the unallocted space (484 MB) right click and select new simple volume click next next next and quick format with FAT32 (label USB-STICK)
- Now the disk is accessible with the assigned drive letter (add a test.txt file)
- Before starting the virtual control detach the vhd file in the diskmanagement dialog of your windows pc otherwise qemu can not access it
Attach the vhd file as usb stick to qemu
Open a virtual control batch file (e.g.: C:\ProgramData\Rexroth\ctrlX WORKS\virtual-controls\images\1.11.0-develop01323\tf0dtez3.user.qcow2.tap.start.bat)
Make a copy of the changed batch file and add the vhd file with the additional parameter '-drive file=d:\usb-stick.vhd,media=disk'
Start the virtual control (execute batch file)