Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Smart Function Kit for Handling IO setup

Smart Function Kit for Handling IO setup

bclapperton
New Contributor

I get an error when I try to save the "Inputs and Outputs" Settings. 

bclapperton_0-1660709527752.png

I have just upgraded the SFKH app from 2.0.1  to 2.1.1. This update broke the System Function allocations and I am trying to fix them. 

I can't see the "Status" Blue Dots changing when I press the attached buttons. 

I assume the CtrlX Plus drive has version 1.12 OS. See attached systemreport for details.  Do I need to upgrade this to work with SFKH 2.1.1? 

Or do I need to take the SFKH back to defaults and start again?

What else can I try?

Also, in this version of the App there does not seem to be any way to allocate an input to Clear Error or Error Reset. I can't see anything like this on the list of System Functions. How do I clear errors from a physical input?

7 REPLIES 7

mas5mfd

Hi Mr. Clapperton,

for the SFK4H requirements please refer to the release notes in the downloaded app file. You should have ctrlX 1.12.6.

In order to see I/O states displayed, you may need to refresh your browser by pushing the reload button or by switching tabs back and forth.

The ClearError function appears to be available (however, I am currently working with the upcoming release). In case it isn't, here is a workaround:

mas5mfd_0-1660718063926.png

You can use the DataLayer app under ctrlX Settings for finding the path to the function you would like to call.

Please consider that the backwards compatibility at present has some limitations and unfortunately some settings have to be restored manually.

Best regards,

Sergio

Hi @mas5mfd,

Today I upgraded all my apps according to the SFKH Release notes 2.1.1. Then ran the SFKH initialisation routine again. 

I still have the same problem where I can't allocate the input to ClearError. 

I can understand your workaround but where do you run it? I can see a "Background" programming element, but it looks like this needs to be inside another program. However, I can't run a program because there is an error.

Hi,

yes, the "on pin" interrupt function must be created within another program. Just try it using the input where you connect the physical "ClearError" signal. Errors may occur because the execution of the main program is too fast. In this case, try to delay the execution by introducing a 10ms - 50ms pause block in the main program (not in "on pin").

Yours,

Sergio

bclapperton
New Contributor

I tried running the ClearError function from the DataLayer page in CtrlX. It did not clear the errors. I spoke to product management and they said there are known problems that are being fixed in the next release. 

I will wait until then.

Any news here and/or can ths topic be closed?

Is there an updated version of smart function kit that fixes these problems?

The problem will be fixed with the upcoming version

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist