Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLC logged an exception <CmpApp> *EXCEPTION* [License invalid]

PLC logged an exception <CmpApp> *EXCEPTION* [License invalid]

viorelmihai
New Poster

Hi,

I get an error when I try to access some data from dataLayer_realtime.

With an empty project (without accessing any data on dataLayer_realtime) I can download a project and the ctrlX CORE will run the PLC project. If I try to access some data from dataLayer_realtime, the PLC goes to STOP I get the attached error: PLC logged an exception <CmpApp> *EXCEPTION* [License invalid]

We had no issue until we activated the Python runtime license.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

As I guess it is an engineering topic the topic was moved to corresponding sub forum ctrlX WORKS.

Please add a screenshot of the PLC log page so we can get some insights. Also a system report would be quite useful, please create it directly after error occurred (see how to).

Thank you for your prompt message. I've attached the picture and the system report. 

I tried to reproduce your problem but was not able to. The only thing I found is that on your screenshot with PLC error you tried to map the variable with the path "Application.DI0" but this variable cannot exist. I do get an compiling error in that situation. I guess your path should be "Application.GVL.DI0". Could you change this and then do a "Build -> Clean all" and do a new download?

Sure, the variable should be "Application.GVL.DI0" but I get no compilation error. Moreover, I didn't write the text "Application.GVL.DI0", I've selected the variable as follows:

viorelmihai_0-1708690583532.png

Press OK:

viorelmihai_1-1708690607032.png

Maybe this is another bug in the PLC engineering non-related to the PLC license problem.

As you suggested, I've rename the mapped variable > "Build - Clean all" > "Login" > same result > PLC license problem

viorelmihai_2-1708690922507.png

Inserting with correct path works fine on my side. Which version of ctrlX PLC Engineering are you using? It should be corresponding 2.4.0.

I had PLC Engineering 1.20. I've upgraded to PLC Engineering 2.4.0 and I have the same problem

As upgrading the ctrlX PLC Engineering in that case is not possible I guess you installed the version 2.4.0 beside your 1.20. Please check that the correct (later) version is opened and your project environment settings are all set to latest (2.4). Otherwise still old libraries or settings are used. Then please do a reset origin and a clean all to get rid of any artifacts. Then a download should be possible. Please check the licensing via the status page of your target in the ctrlX PLC Engineering again.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist