cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Device Portal: Own Apps - Azure Repo

Device Portal: Own Apps - Azure Repo

YourHighness
Hello, I have two questions about the Azure Repo/Artifacts which is needed to deploy own Apps. 1. I don't know if i understand it correct, but if i have an Azure DevOps-Server, I should be able to create with it an Azure Repo or there are needed some other servcies from Microsoft? 2. If the answer is yes to the first question, is it possible with an Azure DevOps 2019 Server? Or with which version would it work? Thanks in Advance
4 REPLIES 4

JulianW
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello YourHighness,

The short answer to your first question is: no, you should not be able to do so. A Dev-Ops server is not required for a private artifact repository with the ctrlX Device Portal.

The private artifact repository for your ctrlX Device Portal tenant is a piece of software what is designed for specific Azure services (DB etc.). You will get a step by step manual how to configure these services as well as how to deploy the software on it if you go to (see on the left bottom menu after login in your Device Portal tenant).

"Help" -  "Find out how to configure your Private Artifact Repository to backup your devices and roll out your own software from Device Portal"

Cheers

J

Hello JulianW, I have another question: Is it possible to use a Proget-Server instead of an Azure Artifacts? Thanks in Advance!

JulianW
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Your Highness,

I assume that it is not possilbe but I already requested a reply from people with more technical expertise.

However, I expect that the the reply will take some time due to the holiday season in Germany.

Thanks for your understanding!

JulianW
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

.... and here comes the reply from the technical experts:

He can install his own software only from his Private Artifact Repository which is hosted in his Azure subscription. For his use-case he would need to host his own private artifact repository and upload his software via the provided APIs. He can automate the process if he uses the provided APIs as intended and authentication is handled properly. Basically, this means that one simply has to implement the functionality which is provided in the Postman collection.

Private Artifact Repository = a proprietary container what is delivered as docker in order to hold all customer software and backups. It can be requested via the Device Portal.

Does this answer you question?

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist