Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Device Portal: App Rollout failed

Device Portal: App Rollout failed

YourHighness

Hello,

I have 3 points:

1. When I want to update one ore more Apps on a ctrlX CORE through the Device Portal, it is not possible due to the ctrlX CORE isn't in "Service"-Mode. But what sense makes the Device Portal, if I need to access the Device/s and set it/them to the Service-state? Then I can access all my devices manually per remote and update it by hand. I want to deploy new Apps through the Device Portal to safe time and have a effective administration. Also I wish there would be the possibility to do Batch- and Group-Deployments.

2. After I set the ctrlX CORE to Service-Mode, the download failed. We have access to the Test-Tenant since nearby 2 years, but didn't used it maybe now for about 7 - 8 months really. The last time we performed an update, it worked well. But now this Error happens:

[Here should be a picture, but the upload gives an error without a errornumber or helpful message, the attachment don't working too] So the message is: "Failed to install xxx-App Version x.x.x: InternalServerError: cannot perform the following tasks: - Download snap "..." (439 or 438) from channel ..."

The message isn't full readable (tooltip) and it is not possible to copy it. Something changed like addresses/FTP-Servers? Cause we use a proxy with a defined whitelist.

3. I tried to use the ctrlX Setup App and this didn't worked, but about this I'm in contact with a colleague of Bosch Rexroth. My point here would be, if the ctrlX Setup App works, it would be nice, if the configs could be loaded on the ctrlX COREs through the Device Portal.

Kind regards,

YourHighness

2 REPLIES 2

JulianW
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello YourHighness,

point 2 is clearly not correct and a ticket has been opened. You will be informed as soon as a reply is given why the download failed.

To the other points:

1) In chapter 13.2 of the user guide (see under help in Device Portal) you will find the description how to roll-out artifacts to multiple devices. Via the same way you will find also the command "configure service mode" with which you can bring all relevant devices to a safe state at once without connecting individually to each and every device.

3) The config files "ctrlX Setup" can be uploaded to a Private Artifact Repository which can be requested and connected to your ctrlX Device Portal Tenant also via the help menu in the ctrlX Device Portal. After that they can be rolled out the same way as apps can be rolled out (see point 1 for rollout to multiple devices).

I hope that helps you for now.

Best regards,

Julian

Hello Julian,

thanks for the fast reply. I tested point 1 (configuration mode) and it works 🙂

For point 2, I was able to read the full message cause I opened it on a widescreen :D, so the full error message is by the way: "Failed to install snap_rexroth-opcua-server 1.12.5: InternalServerError:cannot perform the following tasks: - Download snap "rexroth-opcua-server" (439) from channel "latest/stable" (received an unexpected http response code (404) when trying to download".

To point 3, we planned to configure our own Azure Repo/Artifacts in Q2/2023. So till this I won't be able to test it.

Thanks and kind regards,

YourHighness

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist