Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

FSOE communication between two SAFEX-C.12 cpu

FSOE communication between two SAFEX-C.12 cpu

CsTemesvari

Hello

I’m trying to setup an FSOE connection between two SAFEX-C.12 cpu-s. I managed to setup one cpu to be the master on the network. The cpu status is RunIntern with permanently illuminated yellow light. That cpu is waiting for slave device connection.

I tried to setup the slave device, but I don’t find any parameter or option to do that. I found WEBINAR snippet about this topic (link down below). Where the connection is established between two SAFEX-C.15 cpu. But I found difference in SAFEX-C.12 and SAFEX-C.15 parameters.

CsTemesvari_0-1680610284291.png

CsTemesvari_1-1680610304246.png

It looks like in SAFEX-C.12 cpu I can't set any paramter to be an FSOE slave. I'm looking for any help to find where find such a parameter.
I attached my project files if its helps to troubleshoot my problem.

Thanks a lot.
Csaba

Webinar Link: https://developer.community.boschrexroth.com/t5/ctrlX-SAFETY/SAFEX-and-IndraDrive-FSoE/m-p/70879/thr...

7 REPLIES 7

AllAutomation
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @CsTemesvari ,

sorry that no one answered over Easter holidays.

In fact I cannot see anything wrong in your Master and Slave configuration.

Did you connect the connection between FSoE-Master (SAFEX-C.12 #1) and FSoE-Slave (SAFEX-C.12 #2) via a Copy action on the EtherCAT-Master (see e.g. https://developer.community.boschrexroth.com/t5/ctrlX-SAFETY/SAFEX-and-IndraDrive-FSoE/m-p/71369#M17...)?

The Controller is indicating a non-established FSoE-Connection by these two things, that you are reporting:

• It remains in "Runintern" and operates only locally.
  • The FSoE-Master indicates this by yellow device diagnostic LED (light pipe).

Additional findings:

• FastChannel shall be set to "None", since you are not using it at all
  • The default value for "Switch Off FSoE Diagnostics" is YES (hooked). In this case all bits are Zero if the connection is not established. If Diagnostics is On, every error will create an Alarm and the outputs will go to passive.
  • The Config Type could be wrong:AllAutomation_0-1681241253513.png
  • See slide from DC-AE/STS training WebSeminar
  • AllAutomation_1-1681241483407.png

No findings but just indication:

• (FSoE) Slave Network Interface is set only on Slave ==> correct
  • (FSoE) Slave Address is set to 10 at the Slave configuration on the Master side (Slave Address 1) and on the Primary interface of the Slave side (Address 1..65535)
  • Connection ID set to 1 for the Slave device inside the Master's configuration ==> the connection in EtherCAT-Master is done with the very first FSoE-slot of the Master-SAFEX-C.12 copying it from and to the Slave-SAFEX-C.12 slot.

@Dias : Can you please check and give additional hints, if necessary.

@CsTemesvari : Please mark as solution, if this helped.

Best regards

Your ctrlX SAFETY team

Hello @AllAutomation 

I have tried everiting you suggested in you reply (connection adress change, not using Fast channel). But unfortunetly nothing helped. The sympthoms are the same.

MASETER: RUNINTERN (yellow LED permanently light up)
SLAVE: RUN (green LED)
On both controllers the configuration is locked.

The EtherCar communication is running on a Rexroth VPB40.3 IPC using twincat. The ethercat diagnostic shows everithing is OP state.
I try to get my hands on at least one SAFEX-C.15 controller to try the communication but unfortunetly no success.
Thanks for any further help!
CsTemesvari

Hello @CsTemesvari ,

The only possibility I see is that you did not close the FSoE-Connection on your EtherCAT-Master:

• On the EtherCAT the data is provided from the FSoE-Master and the FSoE-Slave to the EtherCAT-Master.
  • If you do not close the connection on the EtherCAT-Master
    • either by a copy action in the PLC program (see below link for the ctrlX CORE)
    • or by an internal copy action inside the EtherCAT-Master stack (TwinCAT provides this function and it is described in the Installation Manual of SAFEX-C.1x, ctrlX CORE and ctrlX IO Engineering provides it as "Slave-to-Slave" communication configuration starting with V01.20.)
  • the communication will not work, since the data is just lying in the process image of the EtherCAT-Master but not transfered to the target.

Did you connect the connection between FSoE-Master (SAFEX-C.12 #1) and FSoE-Slave (SAFEX-C.12 #2) via a Copy action on the EtherCAT-Master (see e.g. https://developer.community.boschrexroth.com/t5/ctrlX-SAFETY/SAFEX-and-IndraDrive-FSoE/m-p/71369#M17...) or the appropriate configuration of the EtherCAT-Master function where you link the two SAFEX-C.12?

Did you import the correct ESI-Files to TwinCAT that are fitting to the FW Version or your SAFEX-C.12 devices? This should not make a problem, since the ESI did not change since March 2021. The only relevance is the Modules.xml used starting from 1.0.1.19 to cover the SMMC-over-EAP/EtherCAT. Hmm ...?

@Dias : Please have a look and give assistance to the user! Thank you.

@CsTemesvari : Please contact @Dias , if he does not answer to this request. This communication between two SAFEX-C.1x is his favourite example for FSoE cross communication.

Best regards

ctrlX SAFETY team

Hello,

Somehow I totally missed this part of the Webinar. I will try it, and get back to you with the resoults.
Thanks fort the really fast reply.

Best regards
CsTemesvari

Hello @CsTemesvari ,

as you said you are using a TwinCAT FSoE-Master. In this case you find the description to setup an FSoE-Connection in the Installation Manual:

HTH

Best regards

ctrlX SAFETY team

Hello @AllAutomation 

Thanks for any help you gave me in a past few days. 

Your very much welcome! 😅 Finally we made it.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist