A customer was evaluating ctrlX so he installed ctrlX WORKS. Now wants to remove ctrlX WORKS from his PC. After uninstall, the ctrlX PLC Gateway remains. This can be seen with the flashing icon in the taskbar. I see this also when I install and remove ctrlX WORKS from a virtual machine. I uninstalled by running the installation .exe again, selecting Modify and then Remove. I tried this with ctrlX WORKS 1.12. I also repeated the procedure, only this time making sure the service was Stopped before uninstall, but this made no difference.
Is this a bug with the ctrlX WORKS/Codesys install package, and is there a good method to remove this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Assuming their is another ctrlX or Indraworks instance present, which impacts the "erase/uninstall" process to be ignored, since several Instance could use the Gateway-interface..
Please check and return feedback.
Unfortunately, the gateway cannot be uninstalled. The gateway can be used by several applications and will always be installed in the latest version.
Currently it can only be removed manually by stopping the services and removing the application file.
Manual Steps to remove:
- Exit gateway control in the systray
- open cmd window with admin privileges
- enter: cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Rexroth\iwpm\Studio\GatewayPLC
- enter: ctrlX-PLC-GatewayService.exe -e
- enter: ctrlX-PLC-GatewayService.exe -u
- enter: ctrlX-PLC-ServiceControl.exe -e
- enter: ctrlX-PLC-ServiceControl.exe -u
- delete the directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Rexroth\iwpm\Studio\GatewayPLC
- delete the shortcut: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Rexroth\iwpm\Studio\GatewayPLC\ctrlX-PLC-GatewaySysTray.exe