Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Import PlcOpen-export from IndraWorks Engineering into ctrlX PLC Engineering

Import PlcOpen-export from IndraWorks Engineering into ctrlX PLC Engineering

Novice1
New Poster

Is there a possibilty to import PLC-code from Indraworks into ctrlX PLC Engineering?
I expected something under right mouse button click...
PS: the file I want to export is generated in IndraWorks Engineering with right mouse button click and then "Export/PlcOpen"

2 REPLIES 2

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

As the right click was a proprietary solution you now have to go via the top menu "Project --> Import PLCOpenXML...". Beware that PLC engineering will try to import exactly at the point that is marked in your project, so depending what you have exported you have to choose the fitting location.

HmiGuide
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

There is a better solution, than using PLC Open XML format. Why?

• Some code is changed and must be reworked after import
  • CoDeSys Visu, can't be exported/imported.

I use the following steps:

• Unzip the IW project (e.g. myProject.xiwp)
  • With ctrlX Plc Engineering open <ProjectName>\Project\IndraLogic\IndraLogic.project e.g. myProject\Project\IndraLogic\IndraLogic.project
  • This project has the old libraries of IndraWorks, which means it can't be compiled and visu is not displayed correct.
  • To update the libraries the easiest way is:
  • Open a 2nd instance of Plc Engineering
  • Create a new project (this has the libraries of ctrlX)
  • Add the missing ctrlX libraries
  • With drag & drop copy the program and visu from the converted project into the new project.
  •  
Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist