Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Device descriptions are missing

Device descriptions are missing

MasselR
New Poster

Hello together,

I installed a new ctrlX Core Virtual everything OK so far, but when i try to start ctrlX PLC Engineering the project is completly empty and the Device descriptions are missing.

I tried the same process on a other pc with the same install files and PLC Engineering behaves a complete different way, PLC Engineering starts normally with a project with Device descriptions of the ctrlX Virtual Core and everything works fine.

Now i tried to reinstall erverything on the first maschine but there is no change... Has someone an advice what else i can try?

Regards

6 REPLIES 6

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Could you please tell us the version of ctrlX WORKS that you have installed?

We already found that at some PCs the device description files are not installed. Please try to uninstall completely and install again. If it doesn't help please send me a private message then we can have a live session.

Hello,

i tried version 

Version: 1.12.4 and 

Version: 1.12.2

i made multiple reinstall trys nothing worked for me

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

So like already mentioned please send me a private message with your contact data and we can have a live meeting.

We found that in some rare cases the device description files (standard path: "C:\ProgramData\Rexroth\ctrlX WORKS\1\Studio\Devices") do not get installed while the normal installation. To get the please follow this steps:

1. Do a repair installation of ctrlX WORKS and check afterwards if files are present 
  2. If not uninstall ctrlX WORKS completely and install it again. Check afterwards if files are present
  3. If not copy the files from a PC with correct installation
  4. If you do not have a PC with correct installation contact us directly

windows explorer device descriptionswindows explorer device descriptions

Hi,

another issue might be the virus scanner. Which one do you use? If it's possible please deactivate the virusscanner for the duration of the installation. Btw which virus scanner do you use? We hat sporadic issues with Trend Micro, Kaspersky and Antivir.

kind regards

Exactly the same problem with:

V1.12

V1.14

V1.16

Tried many install and reinstall. Only one time had some devices in \Studio\Devices but could not reproduce the case and lost them after reinstalling because of other libraries issues.

Saved the log file of my last installation with V1.14.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist