Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login to simulation mode for any of my PLC projects

Cannot login to simulation mode for any of my PLC projects

AlexLanser
New Poster

Hello,

I have recently run into an issue where I cannot run a simulation for any of my PLC Engineering projects. Whenever I try to run a simulation, I get prompted for a 'Device User Logon' prompting for a user name and a password, but I have not set either of these at any point. I have tried multiple different combinations with admin/Owner/boschrexroth and other combintions for the same CORE login from the end user (do not have access to the CORE on hand), however I have had no luck. When the logon for the device fails, another pop up window appears stating "Invalid user authentication on the target. Please check, whether the device user has the permission 'PLC Administration'." There are no users under user management but Owner. Is there a way to get around this issue and avoid this logon issue? I have tried multiple different PLC Engineering versions (0206.3, 0206.4, and 0206.5) and have tried to uninstall and reinstall the PLC Engineering app but am currently stuck on this issue. After digging further, this happens for all of my PLC projects as well.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

CodeWasi
Occasional Contributor

Hello,
Did you really activate the simulation mode of the PLCEngineering? Please check.
I started the simulation mode and see what I expect. Operating with version 2.6 .

CodeWasi_0-1728372695037.png

Please check and return with any news.
Bye 

Hi,

Simulation mode was active within PLCEngineering. I am also using version 2.6. I was previously able to use simulation mode with no issue, but all of a sudden, I cannot use it with any of my projects as it is prompting me for the user name and password.

Thank you

CodeWasi
Occasional Contributor

Hello,
I will forward the claim to RuD colleagues and recomment to operate with the Core-Virtual in meantime. 
Are you familiar with the virtualCore (ctrlX-Works -> Device add a ctrlXOSDevice). Modify the Device by update to a new target und download und run the code an the PLC_App loaded before. Having the Datalayer available is one benefit.

CodeWasi_0-1728397153455.png

Return to you asap with result from the colleagues.
Bye

georkueh
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, does simulation works with a default project (New-project -> select the platform -> project is created -> activate simulation)? If yes you should send us a project thet does not work with simulation.

kind regards

Sorry for the delay. It seems like a new project also replicates the issue, not just one project that I was working on.

Thank you

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist