cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of remanent/retain data?

Backup of remanent/retain data?

TBauer

Hello,

I have a machine running at a customer where I have - of course - some data I always have to know and I put in the remanent memory. Normally that is all good, but I'm not sure what happened, but we had some kind of PLC crash and all the data was lost 😞 
Lucky for me, most parameters I wrote down in an excel file and we can recover from there. But how can I actually save those data of my ctrlx? 

If I may "switch PLCs": If I use Beckhoff/Twincat, I know where in the PLC-folder I can find the file that is used to save the data. I can take that file, copy it on my PC/network/cloud/... and if really something happens I just copy it back! 

Is there something like that for the ctrlx? 

There is a "full" backup/restore function directly on the ctrlx core. But I'm not sure what exactly it saves. Would remanant data be included there? Then I could go that direction. Even if it is the "whole thing". A backup "just" of the remanent memory would be nicer!

Any ideas or links to how-tos? Didn't find anything, but maybe I missed something!

Thanks in advance!
greetings

1 REPLY 1

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

See general information about Backup/Restore​in our online docunemtation. There is already mentioned, what is inside while creating the backup itself:

ctrlX CORE web UI - Backup 1.20ctrlX CORE web UI - Backup 1.20

See general information about Setup​in our online docunemtation. There is already mentioned and you can choose, what is inside while creating the Setup itself. The chooseability will increase in the coming versions:

ctrlX CORE web UI - Create setup 1.20ctrlX CORE web UI - Create setup 1.20

Your PLC retain data are stored in a file (<name of application>.ret) in the active configuration (appdata) and will be saved and restored with it:

ctrlX CORE web UI - PLC retain datactrlX CORE web UI - PLC retain data

Another method would be to use the recipe management tool of the PLC runtime. See online documentation.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist