Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of a Codesys license via PLC Engineering

Activation of a Codesys license via PLC Engineering

Thomas_SF
Established Member

Hi everyone,
I would like to control two IO-Link grippers via a ctrlX. Since a missing license has led to an exception error when uploading my PLC project I have purchased the "CODESYS IO-Link SL" after consultation with the support as these are not yet available from Rexroth (Link to the Topic).

However, it is not clear to me whether I have activated the license correctly. To store the Codesys license in PLC Engineering I followed the instructions Quick start guide: How to enable CoDeSys licensing using ctrlX PLC Engineering. With this guide I was able to add my license to the license repository:
Screenshot 2024-03-11 131538.png

Afterwards the project could be transferred without error and the grippers could be controlled. However, the IO Link connection to the grippers breaks off again after about 10 minutes. The only error message I receive is from the gripper instances in PLC enginnering itself with the message "Module reports and Error".
I suspect that the license has not been activated correctly as Codesys also states that the license must either be loaded onto a dongle or installed on a SoftContainer on the controller via the license manager (Codesys - Licensing of Products) .
The red X in the license repository also indicates the message "The license for the product does not exist in the selected license container".

However, if I try "Device->Softcontainer->Select device" via the License Manager, my ctrlX is displayed, but when I try to connect I get the error message: "Connection denied by device: All available communication channels are already in use"

Screenshot 2024-03-11 132537.png

I'm using a ctrlX Drive with built-in ctrlX Core and ctrlX OS 2.4 as well as ctrlX PLC Engineering version 2.4.1.

I would appreciate any helpful input.
Thanks

Regards
Thomas

6 REPLIES 6

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

To use ctrlX WORKS or CODESYS internal licenses the corresponding license enabler needs to be installed via the addon manager:

ctrlX PLC Engineering - install addon license enablerctrlX PLC Engineering - install addon license enabler

As a hint it could be that there some not resolvable addons. Pleas simply click on it and choose another version to resolve it again.

Could you point out where you found the document mentioned in your post above? Then we can try to add this information.

Hi thanks for the answer, that has brought me one step further, at least the error message has changed ^^
"Network error no line to host"

Screenshot 2024-03-12 083204.png

Any idea why I get this message? The connection test via the communication tab is successful and I have restarted PLC Engineering as well as the controller after installing the add ons.

georkueh
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello,

sorry, but due to technical reasons CODESYS licensing is not working in parallel to the Rexroth licensing on ctrlX CORE devices. Currently we check to provide the CODESYS IO Link by our license management.

kind regards

Thomas_SF
Established Member

Hi thanks for the answer,
can I transfer my Codesys license to a Rexroth one and can it be estimated when the license will be available via Rexroth as the project is under time pressure?

Regards
Thomas

I guess you will have to get a refund for your license from CODESYS and order a Rexroth one as soon as available. I will try to get some time line for it.

To have the IO-Link license available in the Rexroth store is in our backlog but not jet fix scheduled, so I guess not usable for your project. You could get in direct contact with me via a private message with a more detailed time planning to clarify it.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist