cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

node-red: how to send commands, like booting motion, or move axis?

Kostya

node-red: how to send commands, like booting motion, or move axis?

I was trying to send

msg.payload='{"type":"string","value":"Booting"}';

to a "data layer request" node with "WRITE" method, to "motion/cmd/opstate", like in REST method, but to no avail - gives me error "CtrlxProblemError: DL_TYPE_MISMATCH". Does structure of request and destination differs from REST method (and how)?

4 REPLIES 4
CodeShepherd
Community Moderator

Re: node-red: how to send commands, like booting motion, or move axis?

This is about sending complex data objects to the ctrlX Data Layer. Please refer to this topic where the mechanism is explained.

Kostya

Ok. I think, I made code right like in a post. But something wrong still, error persists.

function codefunction codedata layer node parametersdata layer node parameters

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator

You mentioned two things.

First is switching to booting/running. You have to send a CREATE to the node "motion/cmd/opstate" not a WRITE with this payload:

EDIT:

var newMsg = {};
newMsg.payload = {
     "type":"string",
     "value":"Configuration"
     };
return newMsg;

Second sending a movement command via CREATE to "motion/axs/AxisX/cmd/pos-abs":

var newMsg = {};
newMsg.payload = {
      "type":"object",
      "value":{
	    "axsPos":"10","buffered":false,"lim":{"vel":"10","acc":"10","dec":"10","jrkAcc":"0","jrkDec":"0"}
	    }
     }
return newMsg;

Kostya

Indeed, using CREATE method solved the problem!

Thank you, very much!

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist