Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

PKI certificate @ Ctrl X

PKI certificate @ Ctrl X

Pedro1
New Poster

Dear reader,

Is there someone who has experence with PKI certificates in combination woth CtrlX ? Looking forward to your reply,

Kind regards,

Pedro

Maintenance Consultant 

6 REPLIES 6

AlexB

Hi Pedro,

the CtrlX CORE will support the Certificate Management Protocol soon. We are likley to release this feature in march next year.

Right now it is possible to manully upload own certificates with the certificate manager.  3rd-Party apps also can integrate into our certificate manager.

Best regards

Alexander 

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the information. You mentioned that it is possible to upload manually the certificates. Regarding this topic I have the following questions:

Is this also possible with PKI certificates ? 

Can you show me how this works ? We have a meeting in two weeks with our endcustomer, and it should be great if we can show this in detail to him. 

Are you using this also with German governmental agency or public administration ? 

What kind of procedures are required for to manually upload the certificates ?

Kind regards, Pedro 

Alex, wher can I find more information regarding the Certificate Manager ?

Best regards, Pedro

Hi Alex,

Can you shortly explain how manually upload is realized ? We have a meeting in 2 weeks with endcustomer and this topic is very! important for them. If we can achieve that we can show to them how this works, brings us in a very good position. 

Kind regards, 

Pedro

Hi Pedro,

I am not sure what you mean with a "pki-certificiate". Do you mean the certificate of the CA that signs the certificate requests?

I have a link to the certificate manager documentation: https://docs.automation.boschrexroth.com/document/version/1.0/R911403767_01_ctrlX-CORE_-Base_-1_-de_.... Unfortunately it is not translated to english yet.

In short:
You have a web ui where you can upload certificate files and key files to the control. There are certificate stores for severall apps (e.g. the vpn app has an own certificate storage). If you have access to a ctrlX CORE you can have a look on the ui (Settings --> Certificate & Keys).

The next release will bring some improvements: It will be possible to generate a CSR (certificate signing request) based on a present key directly on the control. After generation it is possible to download it - after that a PKI can generate a certificate based on that signing request.   

Kind regards, Alex

Hello,

Are there any price impacts for this certificate procedure ? Or is it for free ? Regards, Pedro

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist