cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KVD nodes disappearing - license problem?

KVD nodes disappearing - license problem?

bschmidt
New Contributor

Hello,

A customer is using ctrlX CORE as as gateway between his WebIQ application and Allen Bradley Micrologix PLC. This involves Node Red, which has a pallet to support reading/writing tags in Micrologix. The KVD app is used to create the nodes on the Data Layer which can be accessed by Node Red and WebIQ for data exchange. In general the solution is working, but after some runtime the KVD nodes dissapear and data exchange is no longer working. They have observed 45 min - 5hr in between failures. After a reboot the nodes appear and everything is working again. I attached a system report. In logbook.csv I notice entries like this:

[kvd] license not found;;;snap.rexroth-kvd.kvd.service

[kvd] releasing license ...;;;snap.rexroth-kvd.kvd.service

Stopped Service for snap application rexroth-kvd.kvd

But this CORE has a permanent KVD license. This might be the same issue reported here.

Best regards,

Brian

3 REPLIES 3

MauroRiboniMX
Contributor

Hello, 

Can you send me also the full LOG with filtered with the app that makes the problem?  Which versions are you using? 

Are use using the .json in the configuraiton to create the nodes or are you creating them with REST-API?

Mauro 

Hi Mauro,

KVD app version 1.20.0. The nodes were created with .json.

I only have the information that is captured in systemreport.zip attached to this thread. This includes the log file with KVD entries. Do we need to capture a log file using different settings? This may be difficult because the application is currently running at a trade show.

Thanks,

Brian

If I filter logbook.csv for entries with 'kvd', I see this reoccurring pattern about every 10 minutes that includes "checking license" and "license not found". However the application is running for much longer than 10 minutes before it stops working, so I'm not certain of the relationship.

bschmidt_0-1698166299950.png

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist