Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Fail to install node-red-industrial.snap

Fail to install node-red-industrial.snap

minuable1

Hello all,

I tried to install node-red-industrial snap file to ctrlX.

I followed below link to download snap file.

https://snapcraft.io/install/node-red-industrial/ubuntu#install

And install snap on ctrlx but the result as below.

node-red-industrial_30.snap  Upload failed! exit status 1

The reason for installation is to use ethernet IP | siemense | industrial protocol for gathering the data.

Do you have any idea to install it? or other way to gather the data.

4 REPLIES 4

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Why don't you simply extend the Node-RED app provided by Rexroth? As mentioned in the link you sent there are following extensions.

• node-red dashboard (already available)
  • CtrlX-Automation-Contrib
  • OPCUA contrib
  • node-red-contrib-cip-ethernet-ip
  • node-red-contrib-s7
  • MongoDB3
  • Influxdb

See this thread for further information about extending pallets.

For your problem please beware that you will need the arm64 version of the snap on a real ctrlX CORE and you have to enable the installation from unknown sources. Also make sure there is enough space left on the device.

For further version of the ctrlX COREplus there will be an Ethernet/IP adapter and scanner be available as extension module.

Another possibility would be to use the Ethernet/IP library and softstack of Codesys that can be used in the ctrlX CORE - PLC app:

MauroRiboniMX
Contributor

Hi @minuable1 ,

The Application you have asked for is mine. It is an UNOFFICIAL app created for testing. It should work from today in real and virtual control.

Node-red is active on port 1891. It works from 1.10 ctrlx version and above (1.8 had a bug tha doesn't allow to use it). 

please be carefull that you need to download the arm64 snap from a docker or a arm64 machine. 

Hi @codeshepperd, 

I don't have any acces to the last link: the Eternet/IP library. is there some way to get it?

Just a tip: You can use flag UBUNTU_STORE_ARCH to specify the snap architecture when downloading.  This allows you to download, for example, a snap built for ARM64 to an AMD64 machine.   IMO most people will find this easier than downloading to a docker image.

Bildschirmfoto von 2021-10-25 09-53-50.png

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist