Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Download new palette in Node Red

Download new palette in Node Red

David08
Long-established Member

Hello,

I'm trying to download external nodes in the Node-red wizard (palette), but it pops-up an error and it is not possible to install any palette.

I attached pictures.

Any idea why is this happening?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Krauskopf
Established Member

Hi David,

your log file seems to indicate, that there is a deviation between the server time and the system time set on your device.

Can you please make sure, that the system time of the ctrlX CORE is set correct. You can reach the time settings in the sidebar under "Settings" on the lower left side of the ctrlX landing page.

Best Regards

Sebastian

Hello,

I have a similar issue but another error message from NodeRED, even when i want to update any of the already installed on the ctrlX CORE palettes:

maurusbien_0-1621004132759.png

Internet connection is established, because I am able to find additional palettes:

maurusbien_1-1621004236927.png

My time is set to the current time...

Thanks in advanced!

Hi Maurus, 

Be carefoul. I got the same error then i discovered that the packages list is downloaded by your pc but the packages during installation are downloaded by the core itself (Ctrlx server side). In my case was the DHCP server wasn't configured correctly and the core had no internet connection. 

I hope that it would help.

Mauro 

Hi Mauro,

this really could be true, because after restart the ctrlX CORE everything worked fine again!
This is what i also wanted to post right here - I am able to install new palettes now!

Best regards,

Maurus

Hi Maurus, 

I'm glad it helped, i hope you lost less time than me. 

Mauro

David08
Long-established Member

Thank you very much Krauskopf, that was the problem, it already works

Jesse
Established Member

I have gotten the same error message and I had the time synched with the browser. when I opened the detail message ( see the attached) It showed that 

"request to https://registry.npmjs.org/node-red-contrib-ui-led failed, reason: getaddrinfo EAI_AGAIN registry.npmjs.org"
I have been using a company issued laptop and had the ctrlX connected to the internet port of the laptop and used wifi to get internet connection. based on some suggestions from google I set the NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED environment variable to '0'. it still didn't work. I tried to do the same at home and got the same error. is the company server blocking the registry website? why did it not work at home without VPN connected? please let me know if there is a way to get it worked in the office since in the future we will work in the office.

Thanks, 

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Jesse in your attached file you get the error message "CERT_NOT_YET_VALID". So it seems that time is still not correct.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist