cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ctrlX DRIVE w/ PROFINET stuck in status = prepare (FWA AXS0308.03)

ctrlX DRIVE w/ PROFINET stuck in status = prepare (FWA AXS0308.03)

lg-lima
Established Member

Hi colleagues,

There is an issue with the profinet protocol which reports status prepare for no apparent reason, consequently all communication seems to be stopped with the control. I had this problem earlier (3-4 months ago), and solved it by upgrading from firmware 0308.02 to 0308.03, initially seemed to had solved it but it just came back from the dead.

lglima_0-1694630221203.png

I know there is an recent firmware version 0308.04, didn't tested it though.

Any thoughts on this?

PS: Had to zip the .par file because the extension is not supported on community.

11 REPLIES 11

lg-lima
Established Member

@Drives_Uwe , can you evaluate or forward to someone please? We have little time with the costumer.

Drives_Uwe
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

It looks like the initialization was stuck with an encoder access problem, see diagnostics trace:
Diagnostics_Logbook.png

If this problem was present at the time you report the error this is clear.

Of course it could be helpfull to update to the ltest firmware version. I attached it in here.

lg-lima
Established Member

@Drives_Uwe 

Oh, I see. What could be the reason behind this encoder communication errors? Any hints on what we should check?

This error is not persistent, it only occured twice this week. The error is reset with a drive reboot.

Additionally, we're using MSK motor with ctrlx drive multiencoder interface.

Drives_Uwe
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Check for shielding and grounding of the motor power and encoder cables.

lg-lima
Established Member

We have much more information now, and things look quite different than initially reported at creation of this thread.

This issue happens every time the user turns the machine on. The sequence below describes what we diagnosed:

- Drive boot to PM

- Master PLC boot and switch profinet to Operating

- Drive switch to Ab

- Drive Profinet Producer reports status running

- Drive Profinet Consumer reports status prepare (screenshot attached in first post)

This means that we can see position feedback values being refreshed over time, but we can't switch to AH through control word because producer seems to not be running.

Those encoder errors in diagnostic trace doesn't seem to affect the initialization of the drive. So problems with grounding are discarded for now.

Any experience with this behavior?

lg-lima
Established Member

Not sure, but for me seems to be something related with the parameters configured in Consumer.

lglima_0-1695240586941.png

Drives_Uwe
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Did you already test with new firmware? Please resend the parameter file (format: all parameters) when you have the problem.

lg-lima
Established Member

@Drives_Uwe 

We tested with firmware version 0308.04 and the error persists. Attached new parameters file.

lg-lima
Established Member

@Drives_Uwe , any news?

Gruffi
Long-established Member

Hello.

What is your PLC, Siemens?

Can you Reset this error, if you switch Pre-Op and Op over the Drive Engnineering without Reboot?

What happens if the PLC runs before the drive starts, then it´s works?

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Are there any news? Is this still an issue? Or can this topic be closed?

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist