Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace error plc.cmp.datalayer + status=11/SEGV

Trace error plc.cmp.datalayer + status=11/SEGV

bkautzman
Established Member

Hello,

I have a customer with a machine that was powered on overnight. When they came in this morning it was in service mode and the diagnostic log(attached) showed that it errored out at midnight. 

I'm looking for some guidance on what the problem might be that could cause the errors in the screenshot below. Can anyone provide documentation or information on what the "11/SEGV" status points to in row 3004?

bkautzman_0-1704387339234.png

10 REPLIES 10

CodeWasi
Occasional Contributor

Hello,
could you please check the zip for content.
Thanks

bkautzman
Established Member

Hello,

Sorry @CodeWasi, I've attached the correct zip to my original post.

CodeWasi
Occasional Contributor

Hello,
thanks for the zip, we see that a segment violation in the memory seems to be reasonable but need further details like the exception log file to continue with the analysis.

We recommend to generate the systemreport file. Even you generate this now (machine may run already) we will find helpful contect of versions and what happend. Thanks!

Thanks.

bkautzman
Established Member

Hello,

Thank you for the response! 

I've attached the system report from my customer's core. They once again left the machine running last night and arrived this morning to an error, although the behavior seems a bit different than from my original post. This time the PLC project had an exception, but once again there was a "Trace error plc.cmp.datalayer;; Async stat is 'DL_ASYNCSTATE_ACTIVE'" error in the logbook last night at 18:28. After this error there was also a "runtime received SIGABRT" error, which I have seen previously and made a post about here. We thought that error was related to some asynchronous EtherCAT reads, as removing those seemed to stop the error, but it's possible they were just exacerbating a different issue that we're still seeing now.

Please let me know if you need any additional information, my customer is available all of today and has access to the machine.

bkautzman
Established Member

Hello @CodeWasi,

Any further feedback on this topic?

CodeWasi
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, delay caused by me - did not focus on. You'll receive response soon by me or RuD.

georkueh
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi,

it looks like a known issue that will be fixed with our next patch 1.20.6. It is planned to be released on 9th of February 2024.

If in the meantime the problem occurs one more time, maybe it's possible to create a systemreport before restarting the controller.

kind regards

kind regards

bkautzman
Established Member

Hello @georkueh,

Thank you for the response. The machine has been shipped to a customer location for testing, but has not been running so I don't believe we will have a chance to see the issue occur again in the near future.

By patch 1.20.6, are you refering to the PLC app? That appears to already be available in the collaboration room.

@bkautzman Are there any news? Is it still an issue using the latest patch for 1.20 available in collaboration room? Or can this topic be closed?

Hello @CodeShepherd ,

The customer has not been able to update the apps on the machine yet. Even after they do, it will likely be several weeks before the machine sees enough use that we can be sure the issue has been fixed. I will update when I recieve more information from them.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist