Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Re: Bundle npm Packages for Offline Node-RED Installation

Re: Bundle npm Packages for Offline Node-RED Installation

amifrank
New Poster

Hi

I'm trying to install the node node-red-contrib-opcua-server offline and found this how-to.

@Sgilkhow do I install and use the node-packager?

https://github.com/boschrexroth/node-packager

4 REPLIES 4

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Moved to own topic from how to "Bundle npm Packages for Offline Node-RED Installation".

For using the package-manager please check out the README.md file that can be found in the root path of the GitHub repository or by simply scrolling down on the root page.

In short:

1. Install Node.js on your operatin system (linux or windows)
  2. Download the release files and unpack it.
  3. Open a command line tool and insert packing commands.

@CodeShepherd Thank you for your answer!

The readme doesn't mention any installation steps and in the prerequisites it only says that node.js needs to be installed.

It needs to be a linux system and go needs to be installed.

If I then run

go run /home/boschrexroth/node-packager-main/cmd/node-packager/main.go node-red-contrib-opcua-server

it downloads some stuff the first time, than it downloads the node I want but finally exits with status 1.

I run this in an app builder environment.

So still no success. What am I doing wrong?

You are right, you need to install Node.js but go is not needed. It does not matter if Linux or Windows is used, just download the corresponding release file !!not the source code!!. See releases. I also updated my post above.

Then start the executable via the command line like mentioned in the README.md.

Success!

Library 'node-red-contrib-opcua-server-1.1.1.tgz' [8.0 MB] successfully packed in 14m48.3507834s.

Installation in node red on CtrlX also passed.

@CodeShepherdThank you very much for your support!

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist