I've been working with our CtrlX Core inside the drive promoter demo. I was trying to get the OPC UA server working and went in and gave the boschrexroth user access to everything under the users. I got to some place where I then had to reboot the demo. After doing so I cannot log back in with the demo. I get a message like I've been using the username of boschrexroth and password of boschrexroth. There were no other users setup on our demo. Is there a way to factory reset the CtrlX core so that I can get access again? I did not see anything in the documentation I looked at. I did all the usual troubleshooting steps like power cycling the demo several times, power cycling my computer, clearing the cache in my internet browser, trying a different internet browser. Nothing worked. Right now I'm totally stuck and I'm supposed to demo this for a customer tomorrow.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Dear jimiDMBthing, it seems some user rights are corrupted or misconfigured (see e.g. here). Currently a factory reset requires a special setup. You've already got mail as I know from "sources". 🙂
Thanks Pedro and thank you to Johannes for a quick response. Johannes and I had a teams meeting where he was able to take control of my computer to try to resolve the issue. He was unable to resolve the problem. We tried creating a new user via REST from the YARC client and also via /doc/api/identity-manager at the IP address of my demo. He used the token in the attached text file. He entered this token into the decoder on jwt.io and got the payload data shown in the attached screenshot. You will see in the screenshot that I gave the only user I had setup on our demo (boschrexroth) permissions to everything as I was troubleshooting OPC UA communication to the CtrlX Core. After I gave the permissions to the boschrexroth user and logged out, I could not log back in. This is where Johannes and I left the issue. I will be into the office at 7:30am CST tomorrow morning and available for another teams meeting. I'm supposed to be demoing the CtrlX Core for a customer at 9:00am CST.
I also could use a trigger button in the webfrontend or as Rest-command available running a cleanup of the ctrlX to erase everything loaded/installed/configured to get maiden conditions.
Just a quick remark / some additional details:
We ware able to reproduce the behavior and are currently identifying the root cause of the issue to fix it. Right now, when you assign lots of permissions to a user account, a bug is triggered which prevents you from logging in to the system with the affected user. Unfortunately, there is no other option than the mentioned factory reset as of now.
Nevertheless, you can (in most use cases) avoid the behaviour when you assign only the permissions that are required for a specific use case to a user account.
On the other hand, if you need an account with maximum permissions, you can just check the "Full access" box - there is no need to check all the other boxes, as well.
In general, I recommend to create a user account with "Full access" only (like "boschrexroth") as a fallback and then create further accounts for your testing / demo purposes. If required, you may also create multiple accounts with "Full access" privileges, there is no limit. I would just ensure that there is always one administrative account left that allows you to log in.