Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

About Modbus TCP Communication

About Modbus TCP Communication

Chirag03
Established Member

Hello,

I have third party HMI which is connected to ctrlx core XF10 port. Now i want to configure HMI button via ModbusTCP communication .

1)So i need to purchase Modbus TCP Licesnse from ctrlX store .

2)Is there any possibility to connect via plc . if that possible then how can i do that?

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8

TheCodeCaptain
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Chiragkumar,

here is an example how to do it from the PLC:
Solved: ModBus RTU on CORE (boschrexroth.com)

Regards

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

I have to configure  third party device via Modbus TCP . But how can i do via Modbus RTU?

For modbus TCP communication, Which port of ctrlX core i have to use?

Hi,

for Modbus TCP you can use XF10 or XF51.

Here are some possible ways to communicate via Modbus TCP:
Solved: Looking for a Modbus TCP example program (boschrexroth.com)

In the PLC library you can find some examples as well.

PLCModbus TCPPLCModbus TCP

Hi,  

Thank you for your reply.

I try it but my device not reconginze.

So for that i have to buy license from ctrlX store?

Hi,

License is only needed for our Modbus TCP App.

If you do it on your own via PLC Libraries you do not need the Modbus License.

Sorry to interrupt you guys but is the HMI that should read the data in ctrlX right? In that case the ctrlX modbus TCP app is useless since it is just a client. the only feaible way is to create a server in the PLC like @TheCodeCaptain said.

Hi,

Thank you fro your reply.

Now i am able to communicate modbus via PLC libraries. I cofigured modubus as separate task in PLC program  with cycle time 1ms. But when i press button from HMI , robot start moving but it take delay . Is any possibility to reduce this delay ? 

Hello, 

Modbus TCp is not famous to be a really performant protocol. The ctrlX core is just a server it waits for communications so the bottleneck should be your HMI. Consider to move to OPCUA.

Mauro 

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist