Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Node browse error when connect Symotion via OPC UA

Node browse error when connect Symotion via OPC UA

David08
Long-established Member

Hello bkautzman,

I have the same problems. I'm trying to connect a Symotion via OPC UA and I can't open the node tree, it disconnects. Looking at the logs, there are problems with the maximum number of nodes, but with UA Expert I can read them.
Did you find a solution?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Moved to own topic from "IO Handler Browser Issue".

Could you please tell the version of your OPC UA server app and system apps?

Also an export of the diagnostic logbook or a system report (How to generate a system report and switch on additional traces [DOCU]) could be helpful.

Could you also a d a screenshot of the access via UaExpert?

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately you did not provide the full connect.log, only a screenshot.

So far the screenshot shows that the server does not provide standard OPC-UA variables that define its limits: https://reference.opcfoundation.org/Core/Part5/v104/docs/6.3.11

If the server does not provide these values the only thing WebIQ can do is assume unlimited values for each of these (which will also be shown in the log when the log level has been set to trace).

The OPC-UA standard error "BadTooManyOperations" (you can google it) is emitted by your OPC UA Server telling WebIQ Server that it cannot handle the request because of too many operations, see e.g. https://forum.unified-automation.com/viewtopic.php?t=2181

This would probably not happen if the server would provide the limits using the OPC-UA items above so what you can do here with WebIQ is limit the number of items per command manually in the IO Manager:

webiqsk_0-1713852563581.png
You have to identify the best value here manually - I can't give you and hint, because the limit is set by the server and if you have other clients accessing the OPC UA server this has also be taken into consideration.

David08
Long-established Member

Hello,

I attach WebIQ log and screenshot of OPC UA Expert. I have tried with the value of 50000 and the same failure occurs.

Thanks for the help.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

I don't see a WebIQ issue here currently.

A value of 50000 is very very large, you might want to set it to 100 and see what happens. Your OPC UA server is probably overwhelmed by 50.000 items per single command at maximum. Please note that it's the server telling you "BadTooManyOperations".

This also doesn't look right, though I don't think it's related:

webiqsk_0-1714652022780.png

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist