cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Limit removal when I update items in data manager

Limit removal when I update items in data manager

LudoBene
When I do an "update items" or create/delete a variable, in the process manager, and it asks me for an "update tag" it deletes all the previously entered limits (whether they are fixed or dynamic).
I tried to export the variables and then re-import them, but the limits are not present in the exported file.
How can I not miss the variable's limits?

4 REPLIES 4

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

You cannot use the "Items" tab and the "Variables" concurrently. In fact, you should not add or edit any items in the "Items" tab at all - you should only edit the variables and structures.

Whenever you click on the "Update Items" button all items listed in "Variables" will be created, deleted and/or overwritten in case you changed something manually in the "Items" tab - which you should not do as written before.

I was unable to reproduce the aforementioned issue. I was able to export a variable and import it in another HMI with the input and alarm limits being imported correctly.

webiqsk_0-1686291868039.png

I have the same big problem.

Happens when i click "Update Items" button or when i add/remove an item.

see screenshots attached ...

(I'm using WebIQ 2.14)

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

I am unable to reproduce the issue:

1. Create two variables "min" and "max"
2. Create another variable "value" that has "min" and "max" set in DATA ATTRIBUTES -> Input/Display Limits -> Minimum & Maximum
3. Click on "Update Items"
4. Export variables through the Import/Export button
5. Tab "Items": item "value" correctly shows "min" and "max" in DATA -> Minimum and Maximum
6. Create a new HMI
7. Import the exported file through the Import/Export button
8. Click on "Update Items"
9. Tab "Items": item "value" correctly shows "min" and "max" in DATA -> Minimum and Maximum

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

As an additional info:
- structures and variables are the definitions for items (like a class definition in an OOP language)
- items are the instances of the variables and structures (like an object in an OOP language)

If you do not update the items when prompted to do so of course errors like this will occur. If you however do update the items correctly this should not occur. Otherwise pelase explain the detailed steps you took according to my previous steps with a fresh HMI where you are able to reproduce the issue so we can look into this.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist