cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

How can I load a recipe from an event in the PLC?

How can I load a recipe from an event in the PLC?

kimmollerj
New Poster

I want to handle recipes on the HMI, but I want to load a recipe from the PLC. The customer sends a recipe number to the PLC and based on this number I want to load a recipe entered om the HMI

5 REPLIES 5

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

Can you please specify whether you want to load specific recipes you created in WebIQ Designer or through WebIQ recipe widgets or arbitrary recipes from the PLC? 

I would like to load a recipe created from the Recipe Widget

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

The thing to consider is that to to it that way you'd have to do a mapping between a PLC value and the internal WebIQ recipe id.

You'd have to subscribe to the PLC item, react to any change, then load all recipes to search for the PLC value in it.

We have a scripting demo that shows you how to subscribe to items using JavaScript - you can download it right from inside WebIQ Designer:http://demo.smart-hmi.com/scripting-demo/

You can retrieve recipes with these JavaScript methods:
https://www.smart-hmi.com/user/download/deliver/docs/documentation-webiq-visuals-reference-2.14-3d30...

It doesn't have to be done from the Recipe Widget. If any way to make it easier but still using the integrated recipe handling it also a possibility?

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

Well, logically you always have to map your PLC id somehow to the WebIQ recipe id. There's no easier way as WebIQ recipe management has not been designed to trigger a local recipe in the HMI from the PLC (which in essence can't really know the recipe because it's stored in a remote system).

Let me ask differently: why are you trying to apply a specific recipe in WebIQ from the PLC when you don't have any way to check from the PLC whether such a recipe exists in the HMI?

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist