Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

General questions - C++ App development

General questions - C++ App development

redford
Long-established Member
  1. commanding/parameterization/monitoring of a virtual axis with own C++ app. Are there any examples/howto for this?
  2. export control logbook - How can the control logbook be exported automatically?
  3. how can the communication / access from a development environment (Visual Studio code in a Linux VM) to the virtual CORE (on the HostSystem) be accessed?
  4. how can the IO/configuration (maximum project) be adapted from the CORE? (Modifying the configuration file)
  5. is there an axis interface in the SDK for C++?
  6. will the winder and other technology functions also be implemented as a "building block" in C++?
  7. is it possible to manipulate/modify the json file of the axis configuration on the CORE from a custom app?
  8. which memory areas of the CORE can be accessed (from C++/Docker) and how?
  9. how to access the serial port of the host PC from the virtual CORE?
  10. which system events of the Linux operating system can be used to trigger other events?
  11. are mutex and semaphore usable from Linux? (C++/Docker)
  12. which C++ standard is used on CORE (app version 2.02)?
  13. which .Net framework is used on CORE in version 2.02?
1 REPLY 1

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @redford 

I will try to answer your questions. 

1. commanding/parameterization/monitoring of a virtual axis with own C++ app. Are there any examples/howto for this?
-> I don't know any examples. But here is the full manual of how to command the Motion App via the ctrlX Data Layer (see the manual of the ctrlX Motion App). 
-> How to interact with the Data Layer from C++ you can see in our C++ Client samples in the SDK. 

2. export control logbook - How can the control logbook be exported automatically?
-> There are two possibilities: 
1. Configure remote logging for example to a syslog server. For more information see the manual.
2. The Logbook - Export which you can see using the web-ui can also be done via the Rest-API. (Hint: just use F12 in your browser to investigate)

3. how can the communication / access from a development environment (Visual Studio code in a Linux VM) to the virtual CORE (on the HostSystem) be accessed?

4. how can the IO/configuration (maximum project) be adapted from the CORE? (Modifying the configuration file)
-> Can you explain the Question a little bit more? A I/O or Fieldbus configuration is usually done in the ctrlX I/O Engineering and from there uploaded to the ctrlX CORE. 
Do you want to change this configuration while your machine is running? Can you explain your use case a little bit more?
-> In general you can also build up the EtherCat master configuration file by your application and provide it to the active configurtation.

5. is there an axis interface in the SDK for C++?
      -> In short, no. But See question 1. -> There is a Data Layer interface for the ctrlX Motion App, this can be accessed from C++. 

6. will the winder and other technology functions also be implemented as a "building block" in C++?
-> Sorry, I don't really get the question. Maybe because I'm not an expert for ctrlX Motion. Could you ask the question again in the Motion sub-forum? There a expert can answer you on that. 

7. is it possible to manipulate/modify the json file of the axis configuration on the CORE from a custom app?
-> Yes, this is also possible, but I would recommend to use the Data Layer interface. See question 1. 

8. which memory areas of the CORE can be accessed (from C++/Docker) and how?
-> Please keep in mind that snaps by default run in their sandbox. This means by default you can only access your own files. Interfaces allow access to a resource outside of a snap’s confinement.
-> If you want to access the active configuration files, please see the manual or this how to description

9. how to access the serial port of the host PC from the virtual CORE?
-> This is not possible. 

10. which system events of the Linux operating system can be used to trigger other events?
-> Can you explain your question a little bit more? Do you know about the system handler and the scheduler on the ctrlX CORE? (See: Manual of the system handler and scheduler) 
-> It is possible to integrate into the scheduler using the realtime SDK (see SDK FAQ).

11. are mutex and semaphore usable from Linux? (C++/Docker)
-> Yes this is possible. But you need the interface: process-control (see docu) in your snap. This interface is not auto-connected for unsigned snaps. 
-> It's probably better to use the RT-SDK for that. (See question 10) 

12. which C++ standard is used on CORE (app version 2.02)?
-> C++ 17 (See: SDK

13. which .Net framework is used on CORE in version 2.02?
-> See this information in this blog

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist