Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Error installing datalayer.provide.all-data example on CORE Virtual

Error installing datalayer.provide.all-data example on CORE Virtual

C64

Hello @all,

after succesfully building and installing the "Hello World" example, I just built the cpp-example "datalayer.provide.all-data" and tried to install it on a CORE Virtual device.

However, the installation doesn't work. Only some red "empty" error message box is shown. In the diagnostics logbook also some error messages can be found.
I attached screenshots of them to this posting.

What did I do wrong here?

5 REPLIES 5

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Could you give some more information about your system?

- Which version of ctrlX WORKS do you use? I guess 1.10.x
- Which version of the SDK do you use?
- Which processor architecture did you use for compiling and building? Should be both AMD64

It looks like the snap is not usable for that ctrlX COREvirtual

My ctrlX WORKS version is 1.10.6

The version of the SDK is 1.12.0. Should be the most recent version. I downloaded it just a few hours ago from github.

And yes, the architecture for both is AMD64.

Given this information, can you think of any reason why it would be not usable?

EDIT:

I think I have something important to add:
The HelloWorld example I talked of, which was working, I built with the previous version of the SDK. I rebuilt it just now with version 1.12.0 and now it does not work either. Same error.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The main difference between version 1.10.x and 1.12.x is that the system was based on core18 and is now based on core20. So if you build  an SDK 1.12 example it will need a system of the same version.

name: sdk-cpp-alldata
version: "2.0.0"
grade: stable
summary: SDK sample app in cpp - provides Data Layer nodes with different data types
description: |
  This app provides two Data Layer branches, each branch initialy has nodes with all simple data types and one flatbuffers type.
  The 'static' branch allows only read access. 
  The 'dynamic' branch allows read and write access of each node.
  Furthermore nodes can be added.
title: sdk-cpp-alldata
base: core20
confinement: strict

Moved topic to forum SDK.

Okay, thank you! That solved it.

Actually, this was mainly caused by an unfortunate coincidence. About three weeks ago I installed ctrlX WORKS 1.10.6 and the previous version of the SDK (1.10.x) - which were the newest versions by then. I installed it in a VirtualBox / Ubuntu 18 environment.

The HelloWorld example worked just fine, then. But afterwards I had other duties than to work with the ctrlX stuff. Yesterday, I discovered that I somehow download the SDK 1.10.x incompletely (my fault). I downloaded the new (complete) version of SDK, wich was released in the meantime.

With the new SDK 1.12 in the Ubuntu 18 environment a whole series of trouble began. I reinstalled the VirtualBox machine from scratch with Ubuntu 20 just this morning. The incompatibility with the WORKS 1.10.6 was just the last of the many incompatibilities I encountered today.

But now the examples seem to work fine. Thanks again.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist