Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Problem with building cpp samples DATALAYER.REGISTER.NODE

Problem with building cpp samples DATALAYER.REGISTER.NODE

JLG_War
Established Member

I had a problem with building the DATALAYER.REGISTER.NODE cpp sample. When I tried to build the sample i got the error [build] /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcomm_datalayer. I think the path isn't set correctly in the cmake file because in the 1.10 sdk the DATALAYER_DEP_DIR is used 4 times but in the 1.12 SDK it isn't used once. For now I fixed the problem by copying the parts from the old version to the new version but I don't know if this is going to give me problems in the future. I want to know if more people have or had a similar problem as mine.

3 REPLIES 3

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Did I get it right that you are using the SDK version 1.12 to build an example out of the older SDK version 1.10? There will be some problems with this because we made some structural overhauling of our examples to make the processes more uniform.

No I'm using the 1.12 SDK to build an 1.12 example. When I try to build some cpp samples I got an error while building. The error says cannot find -lcomm_datalayer. I have this problem with multiple cpp samples. For now I fixed this problem by adding the entire path to the libcomm_datalayer.so in the TARGET_LINK_LABRARIES. I don't know what I'm doing will effect the application but for now I can build the example and I can create a snap of it.

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello, 

for the SDK-V1.12 you need to install the new ctrlx-datalayer package. You can find the package as a Debian package in the folder "/deb" of the SDK. 

If you have already installed a old version of the package, you can remove this version first:

sudo dpkg -r ctrlx-datalayer

Now you can install the datalayer package:

sudo dpkg -i deb/ctrlx-datalayer*.deb

These commands can also be found in the readme of a cpp-sample.

Best regards

Nick

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist