Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

arch-overview.x

arch-overview.x

seinsiedler
New Poster

I am currently preparing for the release of a new app.
So i was reading the guide again. In subsection 2.1 I found that I should have a arch-overview.x but apparently this was lost during the development process.

Fromt he requirements and the undefined file ending I assume the desired file is a UML or a combination of UML and text/markdown files.

It is also stated that it should be stored int he {appname} folder and updated with every version, which indicates that it either represents all versions or only the last one.

So I hope that someone could provide an example of the file. Preferably also pointing out its evolution over multiple versions.

3 REPLIES 3

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Moved to corresponding sub forum Other ctrlX World Topics.

The format of the provided file is not fix, so the ".x" was chosen. The information provided should mainly show, how the communication inside and especially to the outside of the snap. So that we as Rexroth know which ports/protocols are used and opened to the outside. The picture will not be part of the app itself but is part of the documentation that needs to be provided beside it.

I tried to create an example:

architecture overviewarchitecture overview

Thank you CodeShepherd,
so it is an UML-like file for the data-flow/interfaces.
Assuming I drop support for an interface in the future. In this example Another.snap in favor of YetAnother.snap. How would we reflect this?
Two files one for each version or one for the newest one.

The artifacts delivered by your side only needs to be fitting to the current snap. So if there is a version 1.x using Anothers.API the corresponding file for this needs to be delivered and later on a version 2.x using YetAnothers.API only the valid file needs to be provide. In the documentation/release notes of the snap 2.x the change in the interfaces should be mentioned.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist