cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Which PN Diagnostics are avialable running codesys-PLC based PN-Device or PN-controller on ctrlX?

Which PN Diagnostics are avialable running codesys-PLC based PN-Device or PN-controller on ctrlX?

CodeWasi
Occasional Contributor

I wonder about the customer claimed restart-szenario of the PN communication under a S7. Trying to reconstruct the system running a ctrlX-PLC-codesys PN-Controller "emulation" does not lead to the same behaviour.... But I saw the following reaction at least once but can not reproduce anymore.

- S7 - PN - ctrlX-PNDevice(by codesys lib) exchanging prozessdata.
- ctrlx PLC switched to STOP : S7 Controller detects Fehler: IO-Datenausfall in HW-Komponente/ Failure,Error: IO Data miss. in HW comp.
- trying to restart the ctrlX-PLC does not reactivate/reestablish the data-exchange with the S7. Reactivating the communication is possible by reset-cold/reset-origin. 

Emulation the S7 with another ctrlX-PLC running the Codesys PN-Scanner Stack reacts different. Start and Stop of the PN Device is possible. The PN Controller detects the "inactive/unavailable/passive" PN-Device and labels the Communication-state with Bad-by-Device instead of Good.

I wonder about the communication states taking place in background since the S7 PN Controller seems to operate different than the codesys-PLC based emulation. Activating the prozessdata comm to the Codesys-provide PN Device with former reset-cold/origin and reset of vars is something to consider about.

Does anybody know how to identify/run diagnosis provided by CAA_Device_Diagnose libs. even on the PNController side for test-purposes? Other libs providing diagnosis support?

Thanks!

My expectation for the szenario would be:
Device-PLC is running process-data exchange.
Stop of Device-PLC ... data transfer stop ... since the PLC is not running, clear.
Trigger RUN of the Device-PLC again.... should lead to:
a) data transfer start immediatley (like in my testcase happening mostly)
b) diagnosis on PN-device-side able to identify the comm-state and triggers the restart again without making a resetcold/origin necessary.

Any experience / hints / workarounds / examples.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

CodeWasi
Occasional Contributor

2 useful dialogs to judge the PN communication state:
-> on the PN-Device view the Ethernet state - Counter for Receive-frames rising? if so - OK.

CodeWasi_0-1658318166803.png

-> Device / PLCLogger : does the PN Controller send comm requests?

CodeWasi_1-1658318240573.png

Bye

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist