Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codesys addons not able to be tested on 2.02 or newer

Codesys addons not able to be tested on 2.02 or newer

stephenOtis
Established Member

Hello,

Up until CtrlX Works 1.20, I have been able to test Codesys addons like EIP and Profinet communication addons without a license present on the Core. The functionality would work for a short time (~1hr or so) and then would require a restart of the PLC. This was great for functionality testing and development.

As of 2.2 and in 2.4 CtrlX Works, this no longer works. When I try to download my PLC code now, the compiler throws an error stating that I don't have the appropriate licenses, even though it doesn't say what specific one is missing. Once I remove the Codesys Ethernet and Profinet adapters, the code will download. Is this expected behavior when the Codesys addon is not available, and is there a chance to get the previous behavior back?

stephenOtis_0-1704335351177.png

3 REPLIES 3

CodeWasi
Occasional Contributor

Hello,
Codesys changed their licensing and unfortunaltly the former PLC-Lizenz (for 1.x) is not supporting. Please check if the ctrlX OSLicensse PLC std/basic 02VRS are available on the core. It not that will be the rootcause technically. Upcoming commercial topics will be supported by sales.

Bye

georkueh
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello the problem could be another one (see release notes ctrlX PLC Engineering - Bosch Rexroth Produktinformationsportal)

georkueh_0-1704786575956.png

Hello Georkueh,

Thanks for the idea. However, it still didn't work. What I did was I created a blank project, downloaded to my Core, then did Reset Origin and Clean All. Then I just added the EtherNet and Profinet Device objects into my project, and set the Profinet tasks to appropriate priorities as per the Codesys addon docs suggest. Then tried to Download with just this change, and I still got the same error message "The download was aborted as the control does not have the required license". Then, I simply deleted the Ethernet and Profinet object and downloaded a blank project again, and it was able to download without an error. This was on a CtrlX Core Virtual from CtrlX Works 2.4.1, PLC Engineering 2.4.1 and Core Virtual running 2.04

For reference, the same test I can run on 1.20 CtrlX Works, PLC Engineering and a 1.20 Core Virtual and the program with the Profinet addons will download without issue and function for testing.

It appears that the additional license checking in v2.xx PLC Engineering is preventing the Codesys addons from being implemented and tested in the same way they could be in v1.xx

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist