Who extends the existing ctrlX AUTOMATION infrastructure in the cleverest, most creative and the most useful way? Everything revolves around extensions, APIs and robotics projects here.
In the category "Extend and connect” ten developers are competing against each other. Six of them come from Germany, two are from Italy, one is from France and one is from Austria.
And these are their ideas:
- Python library as native interface Creating a library in Python as a native interface to the ctrlX Data Layer to access all variables.
- IoT solution for wireless sensor technologyCollecting data from wireless sensors using MQTT network and transfer it to the cloud.
- Control via hands-free functionSupplementing an existing HMI system with voice control as an additional operating option.
- Smart container solutionRecording of various dimensions of containers to optimize shipping and determine the resulting CO2 savings.
- Edge gateway for data linkageLinking machine data with data from an ERP system via MQTT, OPC UA and REST interfaces.
- Implementation of visual SLAMImplementation of visual SLAM (Simultaneous localization and mapping) using a camera app to facilitate autonomous driving.
- Gateway node with deep learning functionCreation of a gateway node for an IOT system for access and quality control in automated environments.
- IoT retrofit solution for injection molding machinesDevelopment of an easy-to-implement retrokit solution that enables a plug-and-play connection into an IIoT system.
- Integration of augmented and virtual reality Extension of the ctrlX AUTOMATION framework by the functionalities of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR).
- Wireless IO-Link integrationIntegration of a wireless IO-Link platform using UPC UA, MQTT and EtherCAT to exchange process data.
This thread can be used for all questions and discussions related to this category.