Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

ctrlX CORE virtual stops working after some time

ctrlX CORE virtual stops working after some time

Akseer
Established Member

Hi,

My ctrlX CORE virtual has stopped working three times during the evaluation of two days. When suddenly it stops working, it shows the device is online but prompts the error "The control is not responding". Once it stops responding, I can't shut down the controller by pressing the power OFF button as it continuously stucks at showing the state of "Shutting down".

ctrlX CORE virtual figure1.png

ctrlX CORE virtual figure2.png

The virtual instance remains in the state of not being able to turn ON/OFF even by restarting the ctrlX WORKS software. This issue is observed to be resolved either by eliminating the background process of QEMU software or by restarting the PC.

I would be pleased to know about the possible event that is triggering this error. Furthermore, I want to confirm if this issue is limited to the ctrlX CORE virtual only and can't happen with the actual ctrlX CORE.

ctrlX WORKS version: 1.12.9

7 REPLIES 7

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Because of licensing reasons the ctrlX COREvirtual will only work for 4h and then automatically shuts itself down.

But of course it should not get stuck in this case. Can you please send me a system report of your control, so we can see what is installed and get some more information. And also in ctrlX WORKS a system report can be created also via "About".

ctrlX CORE web UI - generate system report 1.12ctrlX CORE web UI - generate system report 1.12

Akseer
Established Member

Hi, please find attached the generated system report.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Could you please confirm if ctrlX COREvirtual is shutting down after the regular 4h or is it independent of this?

Akseer
Established Member

This error is independent of the 4 hours session. So far, I have faced this error only three times, two times on one ctrlX virtual device and once on the newly created virtual device. I created the second device just to observe if there is anything unusual that is causing the error on the previous instance. For that purpose, I kept the running apps as same as those (Mosquitto, Node-RED, and VPN). It's been the last few days and I have not faced this issue again.

Akseer
Established Member

Update:
I am sharing with you the generated "systemreport" from a different PC. This time the same error is observed on another PC I use and can be found from the ctrlx-works logs at "2022-08-19 13:19:30" time. On this ctrlX virtual, I have installed almost all the apps but before the appearance of this error, I was mainly working on Mosquitto and Node-RED apps.

The ctrlX virtual was not able to start even after closing the ctrlX WORKS and its some running background processes showing from the task manager. So, I had to restart the PC and then the ctrlX virtual started working normally.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We could find the reason in the ctrlX WORKS logs you provided. Could you please switch the logbook in your ctrlX CORE to persistent and generate an system report of it after the crash (like you can see in my picture). Beware that system report in ctrlX WORKS is not the same then in the ctrlX CORE. It is collecting totally different data.

Could you explain what you are exactly doing with your ctrlX CORE? You could send us also a configuration (app data) of your control.

Akseer
Established Member

Hi @CodeShepherd,

Thanks for the response. It's been some time since this error was observed. I reinstalled complete packages to make sure all the apps are up-to-date by downloading from the collaboration room.

Since then, I have not seen this error. Due to the complete new installation, I don't have previous logs.

In my previous testing, I was using the Node-RED app to generate some random data and send this information to a broker. From the broker, I used some clients to understand the working of MQTT protocol-based communication.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist